1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want new tires but the wife won't like it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jefes Taco, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Mar 16, 2015 at 8:01 AM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    Go to Moab. Slice a tire. Buy a new set of Duratracs. Go home. New tires!:dancingbacon:

She won't notice until the CC bill arrives. By then it's too late. :D

I'd post pics but I'm having issues uploading pics to my Photobucket.

They look just like this only black sidewalls out and on a white truck. :)

[​IMG]

2. Mar 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    gonathan85

gonathan85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4 SR5 V6 Tacoma
    Yikes. I'd say be up front with her, and tell her about the tires now. Flip the tables & think about how you would feel if she loaded up your family credit card with clothes purchases & didn't tell you until the bill came.

3. Mar 16, 2015 at 10:36 AM
    Sefferston

Sefferston I like Tacos.

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    ZOMG B-RED!
    I've got that one thing, and that other one thing, oh yeah and that other other one thing.
    Not the smartest idea to buy tires without the wife's knowledge. Don't wanna go down that road.

Been there, done it, regret it.

But new tires are always good :D

4. Mar 16, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    JBecker

JBecker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC SR 4X4 2.7 Manual

You mean like what they do every month anyway?

5. Mar 16, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    DanceswithWolves

DanceswithWolves palabra a tu madre

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Roosevelt UT
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB OR
    I needed new tires. I'm married so it has to be joint decision. I wanted DynaPro ATMs. i priced them at Discount then printed out quotes for other higher priced tires and presented them to her. she agreed to the ATMs because they were to cheapest.

You have to know how to win/win at marriage. strategy.

6. Mar 16, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    karmatp

karmatp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 4x4 4Runner
    I love those rims but if you have problems with slicing tires, Duratracs are not the answer. Maybe it is just the AZ backroads, but Duratracs just blow out here, way to thin of sidewalls.

7. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    gonathan85

gonathan85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4 SR5 V6 Tacoma
    If that's the case, it would be a good idea for the couple to sit down & chat about it. SO much headache/heartache can be avoided this way. :)

Is there a budget being used? If she's buying clothes & within the budget for monthly clothing $$$ - no big deal.

If there is no budget to guide the spending, the husband has no room to scold the wife for spending, because there are no #'s to stick to in the first place.

My wife and I went through this in the 1st two years being married, and we found that using a budget helped keep me from freaking out about her buying actual necessary household items & clothes, which caused her to feel guilty about buying things we actually needed.

8. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    JimboAnz

JimboAnz #OldNorm

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Charlotte (Cornelius) NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F'in Ranger
    I traded my '14 taco for my new shiny '15 taco and took it home and she wasn't happy lol. Still married, still have the '15 taco :)

9. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    PoweredBySoy

PoweredBySoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB SR5
    At least someone here gets it.

10. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is worthy of applause.

11. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Strategy......ppffffff.
    more like you have a wife that is understanding to logic.
    A lot of women lack this.

12. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    x2

13. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    This.. This is also a thing.

14. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I think we can all relax. I doubt money issues are so tight they are risking a divorce over this. Dude drives a 2014 TRD with the supercharger. They're not lining up for food stamps. I'm guessing the comment about the pissy wife was mostly a joke.

15. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    Jefes Taco

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Yikes! So serious. Guess I'm lucky to have the means to make such a decision without adversely affecting our financial well being.

I was merely trying to brag about my new tires and thought of this admittedly tricky way to get new tires while I was waiting for the tires to be installed.

I was at a crossroads. It was either buy new tires or go home. And I had to make the decision now. People were waiting. I went with my gut and I think I made the right decision. It was a great day wheeling Moab. I understand the financial consequences of running trails, especially Moab. Moab is notorious for breaking things. It's not the first time I participated in the local Moab economy.

[​IMG]

16. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Money is the cause behind most divorces.

17. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    Jefes Taco

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Somebody gets it. :D

18. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    What a dick.
    Lol.

19. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:26 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    I have heard this a lot.

20. Mar 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I doubt that's true but it's a great excuse. Money problems cause a lot of stress. A strong relationship should help you deal with stress. The cause behind most divorces is more likely lack of trust and respect.

But my whole point was lets not be so serious in a thread where a guy's just proudly showing off his new tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top