1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how much manual transmission fluid does it take to top off your truck?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by donlogan, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Mar 16, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    donlogan

donlogan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I changed the transmission fluid in my 95 Tacoma today. Everything was going smoothly until it came time to fill her up. The book recommends a syringe, which I did not have.

I was fumbling around with the bottle putting in the fluid. There was some spillage. I finally got frustrated enough and went around the house looking for something that would get the job done and found one of those sinus rinse bottles. It didn't fit all the way in the fill hole but it was a lot less messy.

Anyway, the book says to fill the transmission fluid up to the fill hole. I didn't quite manage to reach that level with my 1 quart bottle. I did lose a little bit of the fluid so I ended up squeezing in a little less than 1 quart. Should it be ok with that much fluid in? I drove it around for a few minutes and it felt fine, much smoother shifting, although popping into the gears felt more notchy.

[​IMG]

wish I had thought it sooner^

2. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    WhatThePhuc

WhatThePhuc Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 V6
    Well i have a 2WD V6 auto and last time I did a drain and refill (not full flush), it took about 2 quarts of trans fluid.

Products Discussed in

To Top