1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents

Discussion in 'Cascadia Tents' started by MTgirl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    Yup I have a friend that has one up there, not CVT but same size as the Mt. Bachelor. When your tent is open its only half of the tents weight is on the cab/cross bars.

2. Mar 2, 2015 at 6:59 PM
    Standup

Standup Active Member

Member:
    So I would just need a basic quality roof rack and the tent correct?

3. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Yes:
    [​IMG]

love my CVT. :cool:

fatfurious2 likes this.
  4. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    How important are the black straps? One of mine ripped and I'm trying to decide whether or not to try and get replacements and go through the process of drilling out the rivet. Or just cut them off....

5. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:09 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Good for compressing the whole tent when you've got sleeping bags in it but that's really about it. :rolleyes:

6. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:09 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl [OP] too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Black straps? Inside? Or the ones on the outside of the cover?

7. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    I'm wondering which black straps he's talking about.

- the ones that hold the tent closed?

Or

- the long ones that go over the cover?

8. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the black straps that go over the outside of the cover.

9. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    My answer still stands. ;)

10. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:19 PM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Cool. I may do it one day when it's off the truck and I'm doing small mods to the tent. Found a site that I can order new, hopefully tougher, straps for pretty cheap. And replace the rivets with bolts as well... For now though I'm just going to cut them off. Tired of having the straps tied to my bed rack haha

11. Mar 16, 2015 at 5:17 PM
    Cascadia Tents

Cascadia Tents Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Betty White
    Good afternoon,

I am sorry the straps did not last long for you. I did send you a pm. Have you got a new cover? or are you still using the one in the photos? We are coming out with a new system on our tents here in less than 2 months for exterior straps. If you need a new cover and straps please let us know.

-CVT

12. Mar 16, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Implementing any of my suggestions? :popcorn:

13. Mar 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM
    Cascadia Tents

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Betty White
    Which ones?

14. Mar 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    I sent you a message a while back about changing from the velcro and single d-ring combo on the straps both outside the cover and the ones on the sides of the tent that help hold it closed to either a double d-ring or plastic buckle with heavy duty velcro. Kinda like these.

[​IMG]

My velcro kept coming undone while I was on the interstate. Not fun having to stop on the shoulder and try to re-secure the tent straps when you have semis passing you at 70mph. I bought some heavy duty velcro brand velcro, removed the original velcro and sewed the new stuff onto the straps. also added a 2nd d-ring to the straps. the d rings are tricky and can be a pain to get loose if the straps are wet - those things cinch down tight! haven't had any issues since though.

15. Mar 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    Cascadia Tents

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Betty White
    Inside we are doing those. Outside we are doing these. photo 1 (3).jpg

16. Mar 23, 2015 at 9:51 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    Ready to buy a RTT Mt Bachelor from CVT. Called them today wanting to buy one with out the annex room. I have to "wait for a quote"? Isn't the annex room a zip on feature? All their prices now include the room?

17. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Yes, a 4 walled annex is included with all of the tents

18. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I got 4 self tapping/drilling screws with my tent... any one knows what these are for?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  19. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:49 PM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    Dobinsons suspension
    if they are about 3/4" long then they go at the end of the rails on the bottom of the tent. they are to hold the ends against the floor of the tent to keep the rails from flapping in the wind.

20. Apr 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    :thumbsup:
    Thanks... I did not get them on my 1st tent nor there is any mention of them in the instructions...

Products Discussed in

To Top