1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I never go WOT (floor it), is that bad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The109, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Mar 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    A big VW/Audi fan here and my oldest daughter had one her senior year in HS back in 07ish?
    An issue on many direct injection engines although. Audi treated the fix like a maint issue for most and the majority of reported issues happened around 30k and a shop intake and valve clean was $700-1200.
    A ton of guys found that running 60 wt oil and good fuel had few if any issues.
    I think they finally developed an oil vapor separator to combat the issue.

2. Mar 18, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    xbxb

xbxb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    O.P. Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DC, SB, 4WD Pyrite Mica,
    undercover flex, Clazzio seat covers, Flyzeyes, Pop N Lock, Shackle to drag me out
    I always put on my jumping shoes FIRST when I go WOT
    images-1_zps0f84abfb_c73ccfd907483ea0df8d6b17b0bee2011683ab91.jpg

3. Mar 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    rvdb

rvdb Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    stuff that makes it better for my use...
    And here I am driving my truck mellow for fuel economy and think its the best for my truck... After reading through this thread it's going to be a quick drive home later on... Thanks

4. Mar 26, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    Taco me elmo

Taco me elmo Here, Eat some paint. Drink some Bleach.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    North of South, East of West
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    if i drive all city like a mad man yes my mpg go down.. but mixed city and freeway flooring it now and then has 0 effect on my tank overall mpg vs driving like a lost grandma.

5. Mar 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    A lot of people forget that going really slow isn't always good for the truck either. Try walking up a steep hill. Hard as fuck right? Now try it with a bit of a jog/running start. Far easier.

Dogging your truck isn't what's best for MPGs. (There's that whole point of diminishing returns on both ends of the spectrum.)

Just use the J-Gate for a merge and let that puppy sing! (Much easier to do when you have a Borla Exhaust and a short ram intake.) ;)

6. Mar 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM
    rvdb

rvdb Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    stuff that makes it better for my use...
    I'm thinking on average I'm under 3500 rpm & hovering around 2200, don't get me wrong I have & do get on it here & there... that's what makes this truck fun to drive... Also I do believe "blowing it out" is necessary, I enjoyed the thread & it gave me an excuse to hit it on the road later on...

Products Discussed in

To Top