1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune premium, Playlist creation for USB?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by B737, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mar 22, 2015 at 6:06 AM
    B737

B737 [OP] Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    short version... has anyone successfully created playlist on USB for entune?

long version... Entune limitation of 1 apple device at a time for data services...
    im in the last throw before i give up, and submit myself to the world of bluetooth audio :(

4f353b53-ccee-4e1d-976b-b2b7d0a303bb_58270f8c694f60f09b16212ced2e980e2f04abde.jpg

i like to have my music connected via ipod USB (not streamed over BT). The problem with this is, if you have an Apple product (ipod) plugged into USB you cannot (simultaneously) use your iPhone over Bluetooth to run entune app suite / data connectivity for the truck at the same time. Which leads me to this last attempt of putting my music library on a USB stick. which is working... but have one hang up...

i cannot for the life of me, successfully create a playlist on the USB thumb drive that entune will recognize.

ive tried to create playlists with a few different programs, m3u's, windows playlists, tried to make sure their paths were ./ or / but that didnt work either.

I miss my kenwood :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Mar 22, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    North222

North222 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I plug in my ipod and it works quite well.

3. Mar 22, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    B737

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    stock
    no.

4. Mar 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    nrsource19

nrsource19 Member

Member:
  5. Mar 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    North222

North222 Well-Known Member

Member:

Sorry, missed the "ipod" in your first post. Technology can be simultaneously life-enhancing and very frustrating.

6. Mar 23, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    B737

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    stock

dam dude thats one heck of a way to bypass the one apple device limit! that thing is no joke. gotta hand it to you for discovering this. not sure im ready to take that on though :)

ive read reports on other forums of people having success use M3U playlists on entune (even though the manual says no M3U). ive tried to put the playlist in the USB root, tried making sure playlist text is correct... Entune reads artists, albums everything else just fine... but i cant figure out how to get it to recognize a playlist

7. Jun 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM
    bobbytwotwo

bobbytwotwo New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR 5, 4 cyl., 5 sp
    Goodyear airbags, oversize BF Goodrich A/Ts, Kenwood double din nav deck w/backup camera, aftermarket fog lights
    Two observations on Playlists for the Premium Audio on my 2016:

1. I am sure I saw an alternative menu of selection for USB Audio when playing with the buttons and knobs the day after I picked up my truck. I haven't been able to replicate this though. The alternative menu of selections was vertical rather than horizontal and included playlist. If anyone else pulls this off, please do it two or three times to make sure you have the correct combination of buttons and knobs. I thought I did, but didn't.

2. I wanted the Premium Audio to work the same way as my Kenwood double din that I installed in my 2010. Left to its own devices, the Kenwood played the folder you had selected (including all subfolders) and then continued on to the next one and so on to the end of the list. I used a 64 Gb USB drive full of music that played forever. I could manually select music, but most often just let it run.

To accomplish this on the JBL Premium Audio, I downloaded Merge MP3 on the Windows partition of my Mac from downloads.com. It's a bit flaky to use, but free. I used it to merged all of the music in each folder into separate large MP3 files with the Artist indicated as "Music". Now, when I select the Artist button there is only the one "Music". Selecting this shows what were my folders, but are now large, merged, MP3 files, as individual songs. It starts at whatever one I want it to begin with and plays each consecutively thinking that each file is one song. This is a labour intensive way to accomplish playlists and consecutive playing, but it gets the job done, at least as far as I wanted it done. The downside is the ability to play one particular song on an album is more difficult, if possible at all.

8. Jun 15, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    Rus TRD

Rus TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 with 884 Springs. Full audio system. Stealth 6 Wheels. Cali led light.
    Maybe someone can help me on this. I can plug my iPhone into the USB and my Pandora and my iPod music will play thru my Entune headunit. Can you get the google maps to do Nav?

Products Discussed in

To Top