1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock Crawler/Soft 8 Black wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by MikeyD, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    MikeyD

MikeyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    I need some 17" Rock crawlers or soft 8's so i can put the 255/75 bfg mud terrains i just bought. The only problem is i herd there are some problems with the soft 8s not fitting. And i cant find any other cheap rock crawler in a 17" rim. Does anyone know of some cheap black wheels that will fit a 07 6 lug tacoma? Pleas help

2. Oct 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
  3. Oct 7, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    MikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    nice. but do you know anyone who is running them. The soft 8s had the same specs but someone on here told me they wouldnt fit. So before i buy something i want to see some proof. sorry if i sound like a dick and dont believe you.

4. Oct 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I personally talked to Discount Tire today and these are the exact same wheels the guy was trying to sell me. I'm looking to move to a 17" wheel myself, he said they'd fit. As long as its 6 bolt pattern and 5.5 spacing you'll be fine...promise lol!

5. Oct 8, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    MikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    Awsome! I wanted a 4" bs for a wider stance. That wouldnt affect the fitment right?

6. Oct 8, 2009 at 5:22 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    it does affect the fitment but only in the wheel well. Think of the wheel like this. The wheel and tire are mounted to a fixed point, it moves in sort of a radius movement in which further away from the mounting point (the hub) it actually moves further and further. <) if your backspacing is 4" versus 4.5" the wheel will tire will be sitting further away from the hub creating a wider arck of movement thus affecting fitment. That being said I'm not sure it will make a difference on a 1st gen taco....:cool:

7. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    MikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    Thats funny bc i also called them and they told me that it would not fit! I Didn't know buying a simple rock crawler wheel would be so hard.

8. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    they may not clear the calipers???

Edit: look around at other forums also I'm sure someone has them or has tried them. but someone should be able to tell you for sure, I dont often trust what a tire shop tells me. Discount tire would tell me that the FJ wheels I have will not work because it doesnt say it will in their damn computer.

9. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    MikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    Yeah i know the soft 8s dont clear the caliper but i i know some people have ran spacers and shaved 1/8" off of their caliper. But I dont want to run spacers and i don't want to shave my calipers.

Products Discussed in

To Top