1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey guys. I could use some advice

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ATX512, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Mar 23, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    ATX512

ATX512 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma TRD 3.4L
    Long time lurker here, and I really dig these forums so I decided to post up!

I've got an 01 Tacoma TRD 3.4L

Lookin for a 4runner. getting ready to sell. I noticed an issue about 2 weeks ago that hasn't got better... and it turns out my check engine bulb was out, so I'm a little late to the action here. Hopefully driving it like this hasn't caused too much damage. I've probably done <200 miles since the misfires/cylinder failure(s)

Here are my codes:

P0450
    P0306
    P0300
    P0446

from what I can see, I'm gonna need to do a spark plug and a charcoal canister. I never top it off when refueling, and the gascap is about 2 years old.

I don't want to spend more than I can get as an ROI when I sell. So if I can get away with doing just 1 spark plug, that'd be nice. I'll of course inform any potential buyer of what this truck needs. (lower front ball joint is going out, heater core isn't working so well, new shocks+struts)

Its got 175K miles, and I'm looking for about $5K

Any advice would be great. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mar 26, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    ATX512

ATX512 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma TRD 3.4L
    welp, days later, since nobody here said one freakin word, i can only conclude either i'm noob blocked or nobody cares.

I'm leaning towards the latter.
    :confused:

SO, i might as well tell y'all... i got it fixed. Tuned up and revs like a banshee out of hell. Flowmaster FTW

what i learned: if the truck is messed up but no CEL, the bulb is prolly out!

consult the manual for the right type of spark plugs, test switch the coils to see if the coil is misfiring or not. i got lucky and saved $80 on that.

so the P0300 and P0306 were because of a broken electrode in the spark plug boot, cylinder 6

6 new denso plugs + duralast wires with boots

total tune up cost, with labor: $190

TRD 3.4L hauls balls and my sounds amazing. i get compliments everywhere i go

went lookin at 4runners today. dude said i could get up to $7500 for this truck. not easy to let go of.

here she is, mid job

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Mar 26, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 4x4