1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ouch!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Masada, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    Masada

Masada [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    So I had a little steering problem while out on my first run this weekend. (wasn't in gear going down hill and spun out) It could have been worse, so I thank God for his protection of me and my fiancé.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But now I am looking at the All Pro bumper. Can anyone tell me about it, what does it replace? Is it bolt on? Anything I might need to know? I am new to the 4x4 thing so please don't leave any details out. I had a blast and want to continue going out.

Oh and the bumper behind the bumper cover was bent so it will need to be replaced along with some clips and other items.

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    OUCH...indeed...sorry to hear and see about this bro...

good luck on the repairs...the all pro brumpers are uber sexy...

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    Voos

Voos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Dbl Cab SB TRD Off Road
    Icon CO's, Total Chaos UCA's All-Pro 3" leaf packs w/ U bolt flip +Timbren, Rear Bilstein 5100's, Dick Cepek DC1's Black, 285/70R17 BFG ATko, ProDryS drop in, Dynomax Super Turbo
    This is prime opportunity for a bumper upgrade... I screwed up the front bumper on my Tundra and kicked myself later for not using the insurance money on a better one

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    hello all pro

loks like you need some good mud tires too :wink:

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    the all pro bumper was easy to install\assemble the only hard part was bolting it to the truck it took my dad and brotherinlaw to help hold it while i bolted it to the truck other that that very solid
    [​IMG]

6. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I like the All pro over th ARB so if I buy one that will be it...

was it worth it for the powder coating or could I just paint it myself and be happy?

I really want to know what had to be removed in order to install the new bumper. So i can figure out what parts I will have to have and what parts I don't.

Like I said, I had a blast and wouldn't do anything different (other than stay in gear and slow down) so I need more protection for more adventures.

7. Oct 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top