1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rolling Big Power

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Doroliat03, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 2:12 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Rolling Big Power. It doesn't even make sense.

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 2:17 AM
    hockey1chick

hockey1chick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Sports
    RBP grilles, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, BF Goodrich All Terrain tires, MotoMetal Rims, Smittybuild stepers, tip..debadge-- no chrome for me!, front windows , tailights, fog lights and front headlights tinted!!
    AND cool we are honey -- being educated and being able to spend the money we do on mods for our cars/trucks!!!:)

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 2:23 AM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    RBP grilles, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, BF Goodrich All Terrain tires, MotoMetal Rims, Smittybuild stepers, tip..debadge-- no chrome for me!, front windows , tailights, fog lights and front headlights tinted!!
    Are u kidding me -- i spent $1,500 for my tires and rims +++ trade in for my brand new tires === quirks of livin in 'prime' city!!! at this point --- my truck being only 5 mnths old -- i have put in $4,000++ in mods and am not done!!!sigh--the price u pay for having penis envy or to 'be cool' :D

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Good to hear. :)

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    800 bucks?
    :facepalm:
    surprised this thread is still goin lol

6. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^LMAO @ OAKLEY doing some Accounting.. Reminds me of the ENRON Scandal...Where is all the MONEY going?

Holy Captain Commando! $800 for that grille.

Gee Wiz . . Thats a lot of Coin for a Grille. Brain storming it out on my Mods @ that price.

1. 285/70/17 Cooper STT Brand New, Balanced, Mounted, & Installed w/TPMS Sensors for $818.00

or

2. Like New 2.5 SAW Coilovers & TC UCA for $850

or

3. Brand New DTLH w/02 Sensor Installed w/Like New TRD Catback Exhaust for $725

or

4. Brand New Pioneer AVIC D-3 w/Bluetooth, Ipod Connector, & Used 5th Gen IPOD 30 GB for $750 installed (2 years Ago)

or

5. Custom Rad Red OEM Grille, Satoshi Mod, & OEM FJ "TOYOTA EMBLEM" for $380 after time, work, and paint. Then it was $320 after I sold the OEM Chrome One. Still I was like.....WHOAH! I've just spent a lot on it.

or

That $800 Rolling Big "POCKETS" Grille . . Thats some Rapper/Athlete Grillz right there! :eek:

However if you're happy dropping 8 Benjis on that...Girl. you doing just fine in life. :D

7. Oct 11, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches

She traded in her tires twice. I Think

8. Oct 11, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    Hmm i thought $200 to install a grill was reasonable.

Yes, u are right in the beginng i was seriously ripped off --i went crazy the 1st mnth i purchased the truck and alot of the money spent was installation ---

Grill - $800
    wheels & tires $1,575
    Exhaust - $380 (and HE said cash that was the best he could give me) that included tip
    Steepers - $450
    K&N CAI --- i think that was like $300++ --- my husband installed it as by then he found out the amount of money i was spending --sigh downside of being married! =(
    Tinted front window --$50 now that was a deal!
    PIAA headlights & tail lights ---tinted front headlights (yes illegal i know but i figured with HD lights -- it would not look so bad at night) = $150 ++ (??) husband purchased it for me --have yet to install the front headlights)
    Just purchased lugnuts as i now want to go chromeless for $80++

with all that in mind, i am now waiting for the lugnuts to arrive then would have to get it installed --i want to turn my tires inside out so the white lettering wont show and i am pretty sure they would charge me for it ---

Is that bad? :confused:

9. Oct 11, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:

hmmm no i didnt --- they took my brand new tires and said that $1,500 was the best they could give me with a trade in -- then i found out that i could have gotten a lot more for my tires esp being spanking new --one of my neighbour told me that Costco would have given me those tires for $700++ but then i would have to deal with trying to sell my stock so Ms Impatient was just being totally stupid

10. Oct 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^
    The RBP Grille & Side Steps Killed you hard in the amount you spent on mods. Everything else sounds right if you wanted things ASAP.

Trust me when I say I've gone through a ton of mods and different looks. Some were impulse buys in the beginning with no research. I've learned, research and ask questions before buying.

I waited for deals to come and thats the only reason why I got everything @ such a great price. Took a long time but had I done things like you. I would have spent a TON more. However I would have had everything on a lot sooner like you.

Enjoy your truck as you've Modded it to your liking. Don't worry about what we think. If your truck puts a smile on your face each and every morning. You've modded it just right.

11. Oct 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    My little badass Curby puts a smile on my face all the time oh yes i forgot to add that a few weeks ago --i got cocky parking my truck in the garage (the scoop barely manage to squeeze in between the cabinet in the garage --i broke it --- had to replace a new hood --so with the hood and paint it came up to $150+++) and no i am not worried i actually took more pics yesterday right after being called a poser (I LOVE that word ---it goes hand in hand with Madonna's "VOGUE":headbang:) was trying to load it ---camera ran out of juice so charging battery now and will post it tonight.

I am an impatient person --when i want something i want it now! and yes thru lots of trial and error -- money was spent --- and now i am lookin at maybe selling off my rims and getting something a subtle rivets and one of the member on this thread has the RBP small grill on his truck so i called RBP and tht small grill is going for $390 WITHOUT installation!!!! yikes :eek:

If u think i am bad u should come visit my husband and all the gadgets has in the garage --like eg. this whole weekend --he has been in the garage and only came in to eat and sleep ---!workin on his lame yawn Infiniti Coupe G35 --- !!!!
    Thanks for ur positivity!!!!:D

12. Oct 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Those rims are fine. Get bigger tires and a lift.

13. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    Wish wish i could get a lift --my truck barely fits into the garage ---sigh
    i tried going with a 33" tires without the lift but it was rubbing so had to go with a 32" even then we had to scape it down.:(

14. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    BTW --flyers fan eh! in AZ --gee wonder what wyane would say about that!!!
    Huge hockey fan here hence my license plate AND username --- colorado avalanche was once a team not to mess with but now that Sakic is gone ---:(

15. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    awesome --- i love love hockey --love the whole sports so much that i was told recently by a coworker that i should have been a representator of the sports ----

my license plate says hockey1chk --- my pink sticker on the back is of a hockey player and at one time i had the colorado avalanche frame!!
    my son was playing hockey at 5yrs old and loved it --he was a huge fan of the canadiens but now he has gone on to the dark side! --his biggest passion is baseball --playing and watching and he loves th red sox --

16. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Sorry to hear that, they lost a tough game.

17. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    hockey1chick

Member:
    Redondo Beach CA
    Vehicle:

oh man no wonder he had attitude in the last few hrs --the last i heard they were winning --- :(

18. Oct 11, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    so youve been playing for what?

8 or 9 years?

:laugh:

Products Discussed in