1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

all terrain tires wider stance/ good on highway

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tacomosaurus, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Apr 21, 2015 at 9:03 PM
    tacomosaurus

tacomosaurus [OP] New Member

Member:
    a galaxy far far away
    Vehicle:
    black 2013 dbl cab stnd
    3 inch lift
    good evening I need some input from people with taco experience, I have 2013 black double cab standard with a 3 inch lift and I need to get my winter tires off asap (hakkapeliitta r2's which i highly recommend they were great this winter (Canadian winter), anyway I don't want to put the stocks back on as i need something with a litter more bulk and bite, Specifically i am looking for a good tire which will do well in mud/dirt rocks etc occasional off roading, but will also do well on highways/ normal street driving with low noise, I also want to widen my stance a bit. I drive highway and dirt roads everyday for work.
    also wondering because of my 3 inch lift my upper control arm is angled down a bit more than stock so with purchasing new rims for the wheels I get( want to keep the stock rims on my winters) how much of an offset should I be looking for to give plenty of room so there will be no rubbing on anything in the wheel well.
    the stock wheels as well as my winters are p265/r17 as well as the inside door panel label.
    again i would like to get a bigger all terrain tire for non winter months/ possibly bigger rim, low highway noise give a bit wider stance.
    thanks for any tips/ help stories of experience in advance.
    happy day after 420;)

2. Apr 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    amxguy1970

amxguy1970 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Texas
  3. Apr 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Welcome to T.World

4. Apr 22, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    One of the best at tires for road is toyo at2. That or the Cooper at3 should be on your list.

5. Apr 22, 2015 at 12:06 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    Hankook dynapro atm. You also should get new UCA's with 3 inches of lift.

6. Apr 22, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    tacomosaurus

tacomosaurus [OP] New Member

Member:
    a galaxy far far away
    Vehicle:
    black 2013 dbl cab stnd
    3 inch lift
    thanks for the input so far guys has at least helped me narrow down tires to a few, @pudge151 ya I have been thinking about getting new uca's for a while now, I was extremely busy with work when the lift got done and thought they were going to ask me if I wanted them or specific brand of package (done through toyota dealership who uses a 3rd party 4x4 truck shop), but just went with w/e they put in, I also asked right away if the fact the uca's were stock would have any negative impact but they said no....

recently though I have been noticing the vehicle steering is not as tight and almost wobbly or swims at higher speeds?while driving over bumps at high speeds and around corners. had the alignment done helped a bit but something is still off.
    which uca's do you recommend, I've heard all sorts of good things about icon, dcm, total chaos, fabtech, so i don't know ho i would narrow it down. is there any specific ones i should stick to if i was to go with a steering stabilizer package as well down the line?

7. Apr 22, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    20150415_122646_d1e75becbe10a1d2e3d5b4c4a27841282c459f97.jpg

afeb548c-cbb4-4e65-8ce6-ed525759dd67_f0e8eceebaa66a80aefebe9bc978b9d9e6e5959c.jpg

Stock suspension, no lift, no rub. Quiet on the highway, works well in all conditions (sand, mud, snow)... this is my second set.

8. Apr 22, 2015 at 10:51 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Not impressed with the ATms in our wet coastal snow , I won't be getting them again

Products Discussed in

To Top