1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations for 15" street wheels

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by ktm125, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    ktm125

ktm125 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Chattanooga
    Vehicle:
    '10 4 cyl Manual Access SR5
  2. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    id go at least 17s...the 15s look kinda small on our trucks...17 its a good size even 18...nothing to big

rims look clean but yeah if you rock the 15s gonna be a little small...even 16s...

3. Nov 17, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    X2 on the 17in wheel. I will be buying new wheels and tires next year and so far nothing has grabbed my attention. I like the 5 spoke look and I dislike the rivets in the wheels. I sort of want all chrome or black with polished silver rim/highlights.

4. Nov 17, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    If you can, try to get your hands on some 350Z or G35 rims. They look wayyyy better than most aftermarket rims.

5. Nov 17, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Viet:
    Thank you for the recommendation. Some of the Infinity rims look sweet in 18in.

6. Nov 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    ktm125

ktm125 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Chattanooga
    Vehicle:
    '10 4 cyl Manual Access SR5
    Since I just have a 4-cyl won't the larger wheels give less mpg?
    I don't want to do any mods that give less mpg.
    And how do you change the speedometer to read correct?
    Also, I've decided to go with black wheels...any suggestions?

7. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Since I just have a 4-cyl won't the larger wheels give less mpg? Depends on the tire size. As long as the new tire/rim combination is the same as the old there should not be a change in the speedometer reading or the MPG.
    And how do you change the speedometer to read correct? I do not know sorry. There may be a way to adjust the parameters in the on board computer but I have not delved into that for a Toyota.
    Also, I've decided to go with black wheels...any suggestions? You have the same problem I have. I need to keep looking myself. ;)

8. Nov 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    be aware that the G rims might be staggered...

9. Nov 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    Since I just have a 4-cyl won't the larger wheels give less mpg?
    Unless you go with a much bigger wheel/tire size, it shouldn't affect the mileage too much....i have a 29" tire/wheel combo and my highway mileage went up a bit
    And how do you change the speedometer to read correct?
    Larger wheels will correct your speedo. our stock tires are a bit small so the speedo will read slow. with my tires, it brought the speedo up to what the real speed is. i checked it with those radar things lol. so, unless you get something larger than me, a 29" wheel/tire combo, you should be fine. my speedo is perfect right now lol..
    Also, I've decided to go with black wheels...any suggestions?

10. Nov 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM
    smithrw

smithrw Well-Known Member

Member:
    wichita, kansas
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma sr5
    I had the same problem. Cost was also an issue. I deceided to paint the wheels the same color gray as the grill. Left the outer edge of the wheel silver for some contrast. Looks real good.

11. Nov 17, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    BravesFan

BravesFan The MOST Badass Offroad Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Brentwood, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Super rock crawler
    I got black rims...they were like $1100 for rims and tires......they are ICW racing 18inch......pm for more info

Products Discussed in

To Top