1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not tacoma related whatsoever! Help me decide

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jefferson, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Which rims do you like?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2009.
  1. Chrome rims

42 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Painted steelies

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Oct 19, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    SO, my other car is a 1965 Dodge Dart high output that I’ve been redoing for a few years now. I found a set of rims that I would have to refinish (I’d have to powder coat them chrome, get center caps, lugs and of course tires!) and of course, this all would have a lot of cost in it.. but might be worth it.. Anyway, I trust your guys/gals opinion quite a bit, so I’ll put a poll on here and also ask your input! SO, which one do you like:

Chrome rims (this is NOT my car, just someone’s on the internet in my same color):

[​IMG]

or what I have already (My car - painted steelies):

[​IMG]

EDIT: another picture of my car..

[​IMG]

I’ll put up a poll here in a second too.. Thanks :D

2. Oct 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Nice car!!! Does it have the 230 hp 273?

3. Oct 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    I voted for the steelies. Gives the car a more original look, but the chrome's do look pretty sweet as well.

4. Oct 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    LostRebel

LostRebel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Almost Canada, USA
    Vehicle:
    Black Access Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fisher plow, BakFlip and Snugtop cap, Demello Sliders, Scanguage,
    My first car was a stock '66 Dodge Dart - 153624 - so I appreciate the looks of your painted wheels. But, I really like the look of the chrome wheels in the photo, and that's how I'll vote.

5. Oct 19, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    it does! The commando 273.. just put on straight true dual exhaust with 40 series flowmasters.. wish i went with somethin a bit quieter.. but it sounds great anyway. thank you though!

I agree.. I really like the steelies but theyre very thin.. but they sure look sweet..

6. Oct 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    thanks for your input! i think i may go chrome.. a lot of people on the poll think so too

7. Oct 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Loudpedal

Loudpedal Mind = Blown

Member:
    First Name:
    Blair
    Not really New, not really Mexico
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5-Hole 4x4
    Andres Devil Horns, Goodyear Duratracs, Accidental Tailgate Delete (x2), Billy 5100s, OME 881 coils, Wheeler's 5-leafs, BAMF Sliders with kickouts, Box Rocket Fab Bedrack.
    Chrome ones in the front, Steelies (widened) in back. Like this:
    [​IMG]

8. Oct 19, 2009 at 12:14 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    ah those are so cool.. hot rod just did a spread about a 1964 dart with altered wheelbase and those magnesium wheels! Neat stuff :)

9. Oct 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats SO COOL! A buddy of mine in college had a VERY similar car. Red with crome wheels, and the 230 hp 273. I had a '66 Plymouth Belvedier with a 383, and he would hand me my ass anytime we lined up. I bet that little engine sounds sweet!! :)

10. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    it really does! Carbureted v8 with straight pipes only interrupted by 40 series flowmaster.. really really gorgeous sound.. rarely sets off car alarms, but sometimes it does.. it's JUST loud enough. It's a lot of fun to drive.. who knew driving a dart would ever be fun ;)

probably smoked you cause that little dart only weights less than 2000 lbs with a bit under 300 horse.. its an engine with a steering wheel!!

11. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    dang sounds like you got one heck of a classic. makes me wish I still had my old Chevy C10

12. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I voted chrome. My first car was a 64 Dart convertible. Came with chrome hubcaps. Those Cragars look sweet in the first picture.

13. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    my dad's got one of those! still says "capitol glass company" on the door! its puke green, straight 6.. its a beast. stepside 1969. wood bed.. it needs a restoration BADLY.. but its still an amazing truck.

14. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    looks like thats the popular decision.. i obviously agree cause i picked up a set.. i'll probably end up doin it. :) That 64 convertible was probably a lot of fun too

15. Oct 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    cool I had an '81 305 auto. It was baby blue with an "eye of the tiger" headliner, straight pipes, weind intake, edelbrock carb, and hoosier's. It was a blast to drive. But it kept having camshaft n timing problems until the motor went out, so then we got the taco

16. Oct 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Meh, good move i'd say. They're awesome secondary cars/trucks :)

17. Oct 19, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    To me it depends on the look you want to go for. If you want the vintage look I would go steelies. However for once I think those chrome rims look very nice. I think I am just as torn as you on them haha.

18. Oct 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    yeah.. i'm torn. I really love the cragar chrome rims.. but i'd miss the steelies.. hm.

19. Oct 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    SoCal Tom

SoCal Tom Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Double Cab
    I like the steelies.

20. Oct 19, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    why not just try to find steelie's that are wider and paint them.if that's possible cause i think the painted wheels look realy good.

Products Discussed in

To Top