1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Winch mount

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by TBK224, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    TBK224

TBK224 [OP] ~THE LIGHT GUY~ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BADASS TACO
    6" Pro Comp Stage One Lift Kit and 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's riding on 18" XD Addict Wheels
    Does anyone know of any companies out there that make a winch mount that goes behind the stock front bumper? Looking to add a winch but dont want to get a new front bumper.

2. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    Semperfi

Semperfi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Angel Fire, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2010 Off Road S/B
    I'm looking also. My Titan had a front receiver hitch mounted above the bumper not below. My winch could be placed in the front or back.

3. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    CBI Fabrication makes a behind the stock bumper hitch and a winch tray on a hitch mount, that allows for winching from front or back receiver.

I'm not sure that the stock parts are strong enuf to hold up a winch and deal with the stresses of a big pull...

Mr TRD is from CBI. And here are some photos in the Tacomaterritoy link in this thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/cbi-off-road-fab/49229-hello-cbi.html

Good luck...

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Thumbs up on recognizing the usefulness of a front 2" receiver! I had one on an older truck and it was incredibly handy. I plan on installing one on the front of my diesel in the future.

Anyway, here's a thread on TN where a guy had a shop set one up on his Tacoma. I'd like to see one mounted behind the license plate so it doesn't hinder approach angles offroad but this might give you some ideas.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143859

5. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I wouldn't mount anything on the cheap aluminum bumper.

here is what happened to mine after I glanced the side of a hill going about 10-15mph sideways.

[​IMG]

you can see how it completely smashed the drivers side, I don't think it would hold up under the strain of being pulled.

Products Discussed in

To Top