1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what to do....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mylittletacoma, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Oct 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM
    mylittletacoma

mylittletacoma [OP] taco? like the kind you eat?

Member:
    Las Cruces, NM
    Vehicle:
    00 Silver SR5 4X4 SC
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector kit, Gibson Exhaust, Deckplate Mod, Tough Country 5" lift kit, Fabtech coilovers, Daystar 1" bodylift, 35" Kumho Road Venture MT's mounted on Eagle Alloy 185's black 15x8 -12offset, Alpine 9883 deck, Alpine type R speakers all around, Alpine 500w amp to 10"Boston G1 in custom built rear center console enclosure
    so i figured out what to do if your feeling like not going to work or to class for a day.....

build a back seat speaker box/arm rest

so i had a Boston Acoustic G1 10" laying around and have been trying to figure out where to put it.... so seeing as i use my back seats in my 2000 not a lot, but enough that a huge box would be in the way.... i decided to make one that doubles as an arm rest while still allowing ample space for passengers and have enough air volume to provide the extra little thump i want.

so.... i think i did a good job for only having a tape measure, hot glue gun, some finishing nails and a portable circular saw. still need to take it to my friend to have her do the arm rest padding and carpet or leather wrap it, but i think it looks okay for now. also i am putting cup holders on the slanted side facing the front.

now i just need to decide on an Amp.... any suggestions????
    Boston recommends a 200 RMS Amp...... i want just a bit of thunk, not that gay ass trunk rattleing crap you hear on low low's or dumb asses with 200,000 inch rims that have the fake dimonds and more plating than Mr. T's chains.

here is what i have also, Alpine type R components in the back, put the tweeter in the back too. Alpine type R up front too.
    Kenwood deck ..... but have a spare Alipne 9883 laying around too that i might switch out unless someone buys it.

so,, suggestions???

Photo0108.jpg
    Photo0109.jpg
    Photo0110.jpg
    Photo0111.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top