1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remember 2003 ??

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 4WD, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Oct 29, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    This is the SoCal forum & since I'm in San Diego's east county I was wondering how many of you remember the Cedar Creek fire & how long Calfire & U.S.D.F. kept our OHV areas closed. The picture posted is in El Cajon looking North East, where you see the concentration of flames running from east to west close to town is actually Crest grade right off Greenfield drive. I was witness to the only other fire that was almost as big & that was the Boulder Oaks fire just outside Descanso in 1971 ( I think it was) I was 13 then going to Lakeside jr. high. yep, old bastard that I am....:cool:

EL CAJON BURNING.jpg

2. Oct 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    I remember that like yesterday. I also remember the Day Creek Fire that was in my Ex GF's back yard in Rancho Cucamonga....They had to leave their million dollar home. At the time I was grateful. Thinking back now, I wish it burned to the ground...LOL...

3. Oct 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    :rofl:That relationship ended on a sore note

4. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:09 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I was evacuated in 07. The Witch Creek Fire.

That was a bit too close to home.

5. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

I remember that one, i was on my way back form baja for a week and came across the border and was like what the hell, horses walking down the middle of the street and couldn't see shit. I live in the hills and had my share of close calls.

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    LOL . . . Yeah it ended pretty rough. I had to leave the relationship as I was actually going crazy. It goes to show, you'll always find someone better.:D

I don't think I'd ever want a home in the hills, near the hills, or anywhere that can burn my home. I always feel bad for the homes people lose from the fires. I want to do evil things to the people who start them on purpose.:mad:

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Lets gather them up and run them over in our trucks.

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:58 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I just moved down here and a few months later was the witch creek fire and so on.. funny enough, it helped me learn my San Diego geography!! I'd watch the news as it said "and blah blah blah burned down today" so i'd be like, "SHIT, where the hell is that?!"

9. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    I remember the day of the cedar creek fire. When I went outside it looked like Armageddon was upon us. I was in North Park at 8am the sky was black and gray, ash rained down from above. It was the end of the world.

I had to move this day and it was insane. I know half a dozen people who lost their homes in this fire.

Check out this time lapse video of the fires:

http://map.sdsu.edu/fireweb/movie/County.mov

10. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    Re8elmonk0341

Re8elmonk0341 "Kill BABIES"

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4
    I remember I just got back from my 1st tour in Iraq. I had a red '97 Honda Civic HB. I remember the morning after I'd gotten her wash, I went out to get in it and it looked like there was a snow storm. I mean it was covered with ashes. You could see it fall like snow at some point.....Crazy!!!

11. Nov 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I'm glad there haven't been any big fires in SD recently.

12. Nov 3, 2009 at 11:00 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    To be honest, Socal is just known for Massive fires each and every year. My cousins who live in Portland always have Socal Fire News on TV. It simply sucks but what can you do? Remember that nasty Laguana Hills Fire?

13. Nov 3, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    screw that fire.. it was a goddamn wall and it shut down the cool christmas light show on sapphire >:eek: but yeh, gfs house almost burnt down, know a couple people that lost everything

14. Nov 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Oh do i remember these fires my co-workers were evacuated

15. Apr 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    RED DEVIL TRD

RED DEVIL TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    LA MESA
    Vehicle:
    2000 PRERUNNER TRD 2WD
    SKYJACKER 3INCH LIFT CAMBURG A ARMS AMERICAN RACING DIAMONDBACK 15X8 RIMS BFG 31 10X15AT
    4wd thought i might know you from lakeside jr high. If you went to el capitan and graduated in 75 then i probably do. I also remember the laguna fires. Have a nice day. Mark aka red devil trd

16. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Hi Mark & welcome to TW, I went to El Cap (76' grad) I've lived in Lakeside since 1958 (3 months old) PM me & we'll figure it out !! haha...:D

Products Discussed in

To Top