1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

want to change stock grille

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fibertop, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    fibertop

fibertop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    roger
    Ontario, Wasaga beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 sport DC
  2. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    My buddy is rockin one just like that on his 2010...he loves it. I'd concider buying one like that too except I wanna put 2 6" hella lights behind my grille so i'm gonna go with the black mes by grille craft or a satoshi :)

3. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    Im not a huge fan of the billet but if youre going with the black it'll look good imo

4. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I have the CarriageWorks grill on my truck. I got it for christmas. I love it. It was a little scary cutting up the original grill to install it, but it turned out great and it really was not hard at all. You just need to take your time.

[​IMG]

5. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Hey Fibertop, weren't you the guy looking at the Hunter bull bar the other day? I think we must have the same taste in trucks. ;) :)

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    fibertop

fibertop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    roger
    Ontario, Wasaga beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 sport DC
    yeah that was me. I ended up buying the optional skid plate to get the look I wanted. The damn truck is so long already, I couldn't stomach the extra length of a bullbar. My wife will be driving the truck now and then and she's just a little thing. The skid plate looks great but the front still needs something. I will be mounting some fogs but first I want to change the grille. Thanks for your suggestion on the bullbar though.

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    The skid plate looks good too. I understand what you mean about the truck being so long already. The wife does not care for driving my truck (she calls it a boat), but that is fine with me. The grill is the worst part of the stock Tacoma in my opinion. Almost any aftermarket grill is a major improvement. Good luck in your search.

Products Discussed in

To Top