1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Skid plates FS

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Masada, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    Masada

Masada [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Well poop on you sir:p I don't know how much they go for and I don't want to pay ebay/paypal fees to sell it :) if you want it make an offer, it's not that hard as you can see I'm open and reasonable.

Second skid plate sold pending funds...(and all he did was PM me an offer :eek:)

Holy crap people calm the heck down!

It's just a skid plate, no need to get all worked up over it. I took it off my truck because I got the All Pro IFS skid plate that replaces these two. The first skid plate may be on every Tacoma out there, but maybe someone bent theirs up and needs a new one???

To everyone else, this came off my 2005 Tacoma TRD Off Road. I don't know if every Tacoma has them but I don't need mine and before I go put holes in it with my M4 I want to try and get some cash out of it :D

Thanks for your time, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    DTacoms

DTacoms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Frisco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 DC LB BSP
    If nobody takes the engine skid plate, can you give it to me for free? :D

3. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    wow alright totally missed over the pic. Thought it was the same piece just flipped over.

Looking at it again, the top pic is the front piece, the bottom pic is the rear piece. once bolted on the truck, they sit on either side of the oil drain plug.
    Alright I feel better for having my brain on straight now.

Seriously though, I can't believe that this isn't on all models. Seems like it would take more production time trying to figure out whether or not to bolt one on

Sorry Masada, but we love a mystery around here... and I had a HUGE clue. It was throbbing. :laugh:

4. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    How about $10 and shipping, it pretty light so I don't think it will cost much...

5. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    DTacoms

DTacoms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Frisco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 DC LB BSP
    I'll take it! What is the mode of payment?

6. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    The size is gonna get you, not the weight. It cost me $18 to ship my stereo in a box that you buy reams of paper in.

7. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Paypal ok with you? let's chat over PM. I need your address and then let me get a quote for shipping.

8. Nov 4, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmyra Missouri
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Radient Red, Red Grille, Debadge'd, Blacken'd Headlights, DTRL's, Cruise Control, Fog Lights, 2 1\2" suspension lift, 285\75\16 Nitto Dune Grapplers, Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB stereo, Pioneer 3 way fronts with factory tweeters & Kenwood tweeters, Kenwood truck boxes behide seats with 8" subs in each, Wet suit like tacoma seat covers

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Nov 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I get what you are saying, but it's not like I was taking bids on it. In fact the first person to make me an offer was the one who got it on both of the plates. I agree this is not the place to conduct an auction, but at the same time these are such irregular items there is not way to put a value on them. They are only worth what people are willing to pay and there is no rhyme or reason to the pricing (I've seen them go for double what mine did). I think both individuals got a fair deal and will be very happy with their purchases. With that said, thank you to everyone who I guess helped along the process :)

10. Nov 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmyra Missouri
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Radient Red, Red Grille, Debadge'd, Blacken'd Headlights, DTRL's, Cruise Control, Fog Lights, 2 1\2" suspension lift, 285\75\16 Nitto Dune Grapplers, Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB stereo, Pioneer 3 way fronts with factory tweeters & Kenwood tweeters, Kenwood truck boxes behide seats with 8" subs in each, Wet suit like tacoma seat covers
    Cool man..BTW Like your rifle.:D....
    Here's mine..

[​IMG]

11. Nov 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    Masada

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nice :cool:

First thing I thought of was that scene from full metal jacket "this is my rifle this is my gun, this one's for shooting and this one for fun" LOL couldn't help it man, :D

I'll have to get some pics of my M4 up. It's my babe!

Products Discussed in

To Top