1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rib Recipes

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by RevHard6, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    RevHard6

RevHard6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 DC OR 4x4
    Going to be cooking up some ribs soon, so I thought I'd throw out one of my favorite ways to cook them. Got a recipe you can share? Post it up. :hungry:

Apple/Pineapple Bourbon Ribs

Overnight dry rub (not a crusty caked on rub) Pappy’s is fine. I’ve made from scratch before with good success.
    Rub:
    1/4 cup salt
    1/2 tablespoon white pepper
    1 tablespoon celery salt
    3 tablespoons ground cumin seed
    3 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons black pepper
    1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1/2 tablespoon lemon peel, (zest)
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon dry mustard

Oven to lowest setting (200 worked for me).

Sliced green apples or pineapple on top of ribs.

Cover with foil.

Bake as long as you can stand it. 6ish hours. 5-7 is all good. Meat should be ready to fall off the bone.

Glaze: cook in a small pot until reduced by 1/3
    1 cup bourbon whiskey
    1 tsp fine ground pepper
    Then add to glaze:
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    4 tbsp cider vinegar
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp coriander (optional)

Reduce glaze a little more over high heat

High heat bbq.
    Oil the bbq grates, the meat may stick to the grill more than the bones…
    Bbq to char meat and caramelize glaze. Liberal application of glaze during bbq step.

2. Oct 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    mmmmmm...

3. Oct 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
  4. Nov 10, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    I'm cooking these babies up as we speak. I'll let y'all know how they turned out.

5. Nov 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm in...As long as you are cooking!!

6. Nov 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:

Haha, It better turn out good. I just dropped about 70 bucks between the ribs and a few spices that I didn't have laying around. I'd say come on over, but your a little ways away from SA.

7. Nov 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Ya...I mean...I like ribs...but I'd need a meal or two between here and there and they might ruin my appetite.

You'll just have to let us know how it works out!!!!

8. Nov 11, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    The ribs turned out absolutely amazing. When I went to flip them on the grill while i was caramelizing the glaze, two of the bones i used to gently flip them over came right out of the meat. VERY tender, and a wonderful note of apple & bourbon. From start to finish it took about 8 to 8 1/2 hours to complete the cook. about a half hour for prep of the rub and then another good 30 minutes for the glaze, and 7 hours in the oven. Finish it all up with a quick glaze on the grill. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone that has enough time to do it right.

Thanks for the recipe RevHard!

[​IMG]

9. Nov 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    HankB

HankB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    near Chicago
    Vehicle:
    06 Preruner TRD Off Road
    bone stock
    That's a great sounding recipe and my mouth is watering just thinking about the results. The only thing you could do better is to cook them the entire time on a proper smoker. If you think they're good now, that would put you in heaven. ;) I'm sure finishing on a grill is a big help, but smoking is really a great way to make ribs. I hear that there are folks in Texas who know how to do that...

10. Dec 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I will agree that smoking ribs is better. There are a few of us around here that can smoke and cook just about any meat.
    When I dont have a lot of time this recipe works good.

Pork Ribs
    rub with your favorite seasoning
    put ribs in an oven bag and pour in 1 bottle of liquid smoke and close the bag.
    Place in crock pot on high for 2 hours and then turn the heat down to low and cook another 2 hours.
    Drain the juice from the bag and cover the ribs in your favorite BBQ sauce. Close bag and put back in crock pot for another 30min to 1 hour.
    When they are done they should be so tender its hard to get them out of the bag.
    I know it may sound like a weird way to cook them but its really good. Feel free to add onions, apples or whatever else to the bag if you want.

11. Mar 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    RevHard6

RevHard6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 DC OR 4x4
    Dang, forgot I even had this thread. Glad you liked the ribs. Going to do some up again this weekend.

Yeah, a smoker would be nice. My ultimate outdoor kitchen would have gas/charcoal/smoker... and kegerator.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top