1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Dog Died Today

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by schiz94, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 [OP] Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    My dog jenny died today. she was a german shepherd and a really good dog. best guard dog. and if you met her she loved you up. didnt get along with other dogs, just to protect the family. she was so strong. so pretty. i want her back sooo bad. im glad she didnt suffer. She was 9 and she had some hip problems as most german shepherds do. the hip dysplasia. We did everything we could to prevent it. glucosamine pills daily. it hardly slowed her down. she was never in any pain. This morning My stepdad came home. she came out into the garage to greet him as normal. when coming inside she started trotting towards the door, and she fell. in her tracks. she had a heart attack.she was gone. with no warning. i dont know what to do. she was the best dog i could have hoped for. retired Border Patrol K9. drug enforcement dog. my mom was her handler. we retired her so we could keep her.
    UPDATE

i got a new dog named MO. go to page 3 for the story. heres a pic

[​IMG]

100_1184.jpg

2. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    For Jenny:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

3. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I am so sorry for your loss. :(

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    You have my deepest sympathies. I am a die hard german shepherd owner. I am sure she is guarding the gates of heaven. Take care.

5. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    thank you guys. if you would have met her you would have loved her too

6. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    There has never been a dog I didn't like. My condolences.

7. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Man, I feel for you, we had a german shepherd for 12 years and have another one that is 8 years. They are the best dogs IMHO. Our dogs are the exact same way yours was. It sucks to lose your dog especially one you have known almost your whole life, I was the same way, I think i was 13 or 14 when we lost ours. They are the most protective and loyal dogs. The only thing I can really say to cheer you up is if you get another one, remember how cute the shepherds are when they are puppies. Good luck buddy, keep your head up.

8. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Dude, I am sorry. I don't care what anyone says a dog is like family and it is among the hardest emotions deal with when it happens. No dog can be replaced, but new friends can be made. Again, Sorry to hear it man.

9. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    im sorry to hear that man. i hate when loved ones go without any warning or time to prep :(

10. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sorry to hear about your dog man. keep your memories with you....and always think of the awesome times.

11. Nov 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    yeah. we will prolly get another one eventually. but it just seems like i want my jenny back. she would have loved to have a buddy. she was such a good dog that nothing can replace her. but im happy that she lived a great life doing the things she loved work play and love. she always loveed meeting people. p til about age 5 she would always be so excited to work. and play. everyday i would throw the ball for her for at least an hour. at the time it seemed like a chore. but im so glad. she probably played more than any other dog out there.

12. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Sorry for your loss...it looks like she lived a full life with a great family. My dog is a working dog too and they enjoy the work more than anything else in the world.

13. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    So sorry for your loss. One blessing, she didn't suffer. I still miss my GS - they are great dogs.

14. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    OH Caleb bro, I am sooooo sorry for your loss! Just let the tears flow my friend...

I have been down this road with before with my siberian husky, "Gannon". I feel your pain buddy.

Hang in there! Jenny will never be forgotten!

15. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    I am sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

16. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Sorry to hear about your best friend.

17. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    Losing a great dog like that is very difficult, and they can never be truly replaced. Jenny's life was cut unfortunately short, but take comfort knowing that she was lucky to have a caring and considerate owner.

18. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    MBIGBLUE

MBIGBLUE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hillbilly Peninsula, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner Sport SWB
    OEM Skid Plate, K&N Air Filter
    Sorry for your loss. I would be lost as well if I lost one of mine.

19. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    sorry to hear that news. As you mentioned she went without much suffering and thats what counts. She will always be part of you, consider yourself lucky to have such a wonderful dog and prayers for her and your family.

20. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    So sorry to hear about your dog Jenny, she sounded like a great dog! I hope over time the hard time of losing her lessens and her memory lives strong in your heart, forever. :pray:

To Top