1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EQ settings and what have you....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 2009tacomav6, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Nov 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    2009tacomav6

2009tacomav6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    phx AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    TRD SC TRD Cat Back KMC 17x9 Addicts
    Ok so I am not understanding all the options with EQ's and adjusting EQ to make the radio and the music sound better. Anyone have any suggestions on where one can go to understand all this? I just recently purchased a new HU for my 98 Tacoma and am trying to understand all the settings...

Here is a snap shot of the instruction manual.
    [​IMG]
    THanks!

2. Nov 21, 2009 at 11:52 AM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Those are all the presets and different boost levels for the different frequencies in each preset.

I suggest using your ears to set the "User" frequencies the way you like them.

3. Nov 22, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    tune as you like, if cymbals / higher freq feels weak(its common), just bump up 6k, 12k, even 8k (freq varies per model). Or too much/ not enough bass, move 50 hz up or down. Presets can get you whre you want quick when they are near what you like.
    Next is you own hearing, I had 2 surgeries and now 41, I have decent low freq, but the higher freqs are worse. so I "ramp up" over 8k...12k a bit more... 16k no use for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top