1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My bilstein 5100 setup

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TurfTaco, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco [OP] Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    After much debating and second guessing I finally have my lift installed. There are countless questions about the 5100 bilsteins and many people searching for answers to those questions so I wanted to post my situation so that it might help out someone. I ordered my parts with the intention of setting my 5100s at 1.75" but once I received them and installed the AAL I began wondering if I should go to 2.5" The worry of alignment issues (don't have the cash for uca's right now) finally convinced me to go with 1.75" and I am glad I did. I installed toytecs 1.5" AAL in the rear then installed the 5100s up front and set to 1.75". I also added the toytec 1/4" spacer on the drivers side to correct the lean.

I have BFG ATs (265/70-16) and have not changed to new tires so keep that in mind with the following numbers:
    Measurements before and after measured through center of wheel up to wheel well lip.
    Front
    Drivers side before: 34.25
    Drivers side after: 36.50
    Passenger side before: 34.50
    Passenger side after: 36.50

Rear
    Drivers side before: 36.00
    Drivers side after: 38.00
    Passenger side before: 36.375
    Passenger side after: 38.00

As you can see the toytec spacer corrected the lean that I had.
    I installed the AAL myself in about 2 hours and it was very easy. I used the masters (Chris4x4) AAL tutorial and the only kink I had was my ubolts were a different size...I think 17mm As long as you follow his instructions you will be fine.
    I had the front shocks installed due to the spring compressor and potential broke arms.
    Picked up the truck this afternoon from the alignment shop and it vibrated from 0 to 60mph all the way home. I am not kidding! I could feel it in the steering wheel and even in my seat. I felt sick. Called my cousin to see what he thought and he told me to drive it a day and then re-evaluate. I took it out again this evening and I can't feel any vibrations??? Again not kidding. I don't know what to make of it....but it seems to be fine now. I have no tracking issues or anything. If the AAL settles any I am going to regret getting the 1.5 and not the 2.0 because my truck is almost dead level now and I don't want to be nose high. Oh well at least the AAL is cheap if I do have to go bigger. I have pics but it was dark out so they are taken from the garage and not so good. Let me know if you have any questions on my setup. By the way, I am already thinking of going bigger, but that will have to wait awhile.
    Before
    IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg

After
    IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

Future mods:
    Powdercoat stock rims black
    Grillcraft grill
    Black HID headlights
    N-fab light bar
    Trim mudflaps
    Remove chrome steps
    265/75-16 mud terrains
    1.25" spidertraxx spacers

2. Nov 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    nice looking truck
    i just did the 5100's set to 0 and eibach pro (just under 1.75" lift by my measurments) springs this evening by myself.
    haven't had an alignment done yet and i don't have any vibrating issues at all... yet. my alignment is booked in for thursday evening so we'll see how it goes.

good looking truck! i'll be putting up new pics once my truck gets cleaned :)

3. Nov 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    Thanks. I want to see how the 265/75s look on your truck.

4. Nov 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    machman

machman Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Alabama
    Vehicle:
    03 DC PreRunner TRD V6
    Truck looks great even with the stock tires. I have been worried about raising mine because I have 265/70-16's. Now I feel better.

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    Update. Since installing my shocks/aal the frontend has settled 1/4" as well as the back. I hope it doesn't settle anymore.

6. Dec 11, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    Tdup

Tdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    2”in. leveled, 275/70/17 BFG ATs, Redarc brake controller, Ludwig helper springs, CamLocker tool box.
    You don't need the wheel spacers for 265's, they will fit no problem, you only need the spacers if you go up to a 285.

Products Discussed in

To Top