1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Advice on Roof Rack System

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ta0304, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    ta0304

ta0304 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I want to by a roof rack system for a 2009 Tacoma Quad Cab. The truck has no gutters. I've looked on the Thule site but it is hard to determine if I'm selecting the right items. I'm looking for the roof rack for carrying a canoe. Anyone have any advice for me?

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    Klipp11

Klipp11 s3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC 4x4 LB
    OME 885 coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1.5" AAL, TC uca's, cab mount chop, 5000k HID heads and fogs, LED tails, satoshi GC w/ Hella 500's mounted behind it with 5000k HID upgrade, Extang solid tri-fold tonneau cover, Yakima roof rack, fog light anytime mod, disable a/c defrost mod
    hey buddy,

check out rackattack.com, they sell thule and yakima. i've got a yakima roof rack on my double cab tacoma and it rocks! the towers attach to the roof at the door seals, so gutters aren't necessary.

[​IMG]

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    cameraperson

cameraperson TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    DC and Lake Ozonia in the ADKs
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    Roof Rack, Auto Ignition, Full-time switchable camera over the rear tag, steering wheel cover, light floor mats, Gravimetric torpedoes
    These are the OEM, bought aftermarket and installed. They hold a ton of weight.
    And best of all, save you gas. They fold to the sides to be lengthwise- streamlined for wind, when not in use-
    but also, pop out one end and attach to the other side, widthwise.

I like em. I put a couch on it once.

[​IMG]

4. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Welcome to TW.

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    glandnut

glandnut Reserve Squirrel Hair

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16' 4Runner TEP, 01' Ext cab 4x4
    secret stuff.
    Welcome! Get the factory rack made for your double cab, and then run the hitch mount bed extender in the vertical position from Harbor Freight. Slip the hitch section out when you don't need it. I use this set-up for my 15' canoe, front on the factory bars, back on the Harbor Freight set up in the tall vertical position. Look here at this link to see how the extender can be used in two positions:
    http://www.amazon.com/Extend-A-Truck-944-Truck-Bed-Extender/dp/B00008BKX5/ref=pd_sbs_auto_5
    And here for the same thing but much cheaper:

6. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I'll have the OEM one for Christmas. I'll give a review on it when I get it. I plan to use it for my canoe and will be getting the hitch goal post mounting system

Products Discussed in

To Top