1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do 2007 stock stereo have a remote wire?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by surf_PNW, May 22, 2007.

1. May 22, 2007 at 10:40 PM
    surf_PNW

surf_PNW [OP] Member

Member:
    installing sub with built in amp and wanted to know if i need new deck...and if it has RCA input?

2. May 23, 2007 at 7:07 AM
    EvilBetty

EvilBetty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Without buying additional components to provide RCA outs and ins, your stuck using an amp that will use the speaker wires as ins, or buying a new head deck.

3. May 23, 2007 at 5:27 PM
    Duckman

Duckman n00b Extordinaire

Member:
    Somewhere on the River
    Vehicle:
    17 White TRD ORDC TECH 4X4
    EB,

I just installed a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub...

Look here>>> My thread I started on my install

Typically all powered subs will have a High Level Inputs on them. You will tie into (typically) your rear left & right speakers. You can also tie into the fronts if that is all you have. My sub does have RCA's also.

Let me tell you this...you probably won't like it...I didn't. It will sound like mud. I was expecting a little bit more clearer bass. I knew it was not going to be a 8 or 10 inch driven sub but I was expecting more than what the door speakers put out. To fix the problem I just ordered a used Pioneer DEH-P4800MP to get me by. It has a separate, tunable sub output. It will be here this Friday so I can't tell you what the difference is. In talking with Kenwood and the folks of on CustomTacos you need to this to make it sound like at least clean mud.

And a answer to your first question...Yes it does have a remote wire for amps.

4. May 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM
    surf_PNW

surf_PNW [OP] Member

Member:
    i just ordered pioneer premier DEH-P390MP how good is that model...and i waiting for my kenwood KSC-SW1...is it really that bad? ordered 2...6.5mid/bass with 2 crossovers 2 tweeters... my truck is regular cab limited space....ouch...do i need a amp? i thought the KSC-SW1 was suppose to be good:confused:

5. May 24, 2007 at 6:43 AM
    Duckman

Duckman n00b Extordinaire

Member:
    Somewhere on the River
    Vehicle:
    17 White TRD ORDC TECH 4X4
    Surf,

I think if it is fed right it wont be. This is my thoughts after I have pondered it for a while...You have to have HU that can produce/output good bass im my n00b opinion and the stocker doesn't do that very well. I WOULD CERTAINLY THINK THAT THE premier DEH-P390MP would do that just fine plus I pretty sure that has a sub preamp output that would work with the SW1 just fine. Make sure you under stand this is a small sub...don't expect a 8-10" driven sub sound. I think you may be like me...you just wanted a little clearer thump to what the stocker gives. With what you have already ordered I think you will be impressed over what the stock produced. However I do love the Pioneer 720prs's for the fronts. I bought a cheaper amp from Crutchfield...I think you need an amp to make it sound good...it is a totally different experience with an amp...If you have to go cheap may I suggest this>>>Profile AP400 2 channel-Crutchfield That has a small form factor and would fit under a seat well, plus you could easily use 10ga amp wires for the install. I have the AP600 and I am very happy. Remember I am n00b compared to some of these folks and I am not an Audiophile that needs to have everything perfect...I just want some clear highs & mids with some extra thump. HTH and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Products Discussed in

To Top