1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash Trim Kit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by skierpunk, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Jan 12, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    skierpunk

skierpunk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Off Road.
    TRD mats and seat covers, smoked tail lights, smoked turn signal corners, Revtek lift, Access LE tonnaeu, HIDs, grillcraft mesh grill, TRD CAI, custom bike racks, Alpine system.
    For the 2nd Gen Tacoma's - Personally I feel that the interior is a little cheep and plastic-y for a $30K truck. When I spend that much money I'd expect something nicer. Has anyone done anything about this...dash kits ect??

2. Jan 12, 2008 at 6:27 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the x-sp's come w/ a dash kit...but i've seen a few on ebay for sale. if i were to get one, it'd prolly be brushed aluminum to match the gauge and tweeter trim

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jan 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Maybe check out some car shows and see what they have done ?

4. Jan 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    coreyredken

coreyredken Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Georgia, Mount Airy
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Westin Stainless Steel Oval Side Bars!
    I personally don't have a problem with the interior.. good Lord, its a truck for crying out loud... I wouldn't expect it to have the same interior as my Acura.. If I wanted a fancy truck I would have bought the Lincoln piece of crap! LOL

5. Jan 13, 2008 at 1:42 PM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Have you not seen the interior on the domestic truck? They are total shit, I feel like I'm in a cheap whore house when I sit in the domestic trucks. The tacoma is better, while not as good as my VW or highlander interior, it is much better then the competition.

6. Jan 13, 2008 at 2:04 PM
    soetaco

soetaco Member

Member:
    Northeast Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Streak Mica TRD Sport 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau,35% Window Tint,Valet Remote Start,Tacoma All Weather Mats.
    Just personal preference I guess but I like what Toyota did with the interior on 2nd Gen. models. The materials they chose appear to be high quality unlike most of the domestics. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the cloth piece on the door armrests. Thinking about doing the leather armrest mod as seen in the mods section.

7. Dec 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    Rooty

Rooty Tacfroma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Missoula MT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper with Foglights, IPF 968 Driving Lights, Color Matched Grill Surround and Eyelids, Grillcraft Grill with Custom Taco Emblem, Black Headlight Mod, EGR Hood Deflector and In Channel Rain Guards, Stock Wheels Painted Black, BFG TA/KO's in 265/75/R16, Debadged, Stubbs Welding HDSKO Sliders, Front Windows Tint, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertec Floor Mats, Autolights Unlimited Smoked 3rd Brake and Tail Lights, Powdercoated Rear Bumper, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Factory Bed Mat, Compustar 1 way remote start
    Suuuuuper late on this thread but Sherwood Innovations makes a dash trim kit for late model tacos. They don't have any pics of them installed but my buddy put one in his Dodge and raves about it.

8. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    fibertop

fibertop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    roger
    Ontario, Wasaga beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 sport DC
  9. Dec 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM
    Rooty

Rooty Tacfroma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Missoula MT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper with Foglights, IPF 968 Driving Lights, Color Matched Grill Surround and Eyelids, Grillcraft Grill with Custom Taco Emblem, Black Headlight Mod, EGR Hood Deflector and In Channel Rain Guards, Stock Wheels Painted Black, BFG TA/KO's in 265/75/R16, Debadged, Stubbs Welding HDSKO Sliders, Front Windows Tint, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertec Floor Mats, Autolights Unlimited Smoked 3rd Brake and Tail Lights, Powdercoated Rear Bumper, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Factory Bed Mat, Compustar 1 way remote start
    LOL

This post sits idle for 23 months and then gets two posts within an hour of each other!

SUUUUUUPER BOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof positive that boosting a post works ladies and gentlemen. I think I probably just made a forum record :cool:
    Go Rooty, Go Rooty its ya birthday its ya birthday!!!:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

That dash kit is slick BTW is it a Sherwoood? I will have to check out that website, thanks dude!

10. Dec 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    ah how i miss mercedes black birdseye maple.......

Products Discussed in

To Top