1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bump stop removal/replacement??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CUtigerfan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Dec 16, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I have an 04 5-lug and I put 1.5" coil spacers on it a few months ago. I didn't really realize that they would affect travel in the suspension until someone on CT mentioned it. So I was thinking that I might could get a little bit of travel back if I put shorter bumpstops like these on http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/prodimages/Energy_Suspension/99102G_lg.jpgbut I just looked and the factory bumpstops are one piece of rubber that pulls through. I don't want to risk tearing it trying to remove it until I have some more to put on. Will the ones in the link fit and replace the factory ones? Here's a pic of the suspension to show how much travel I have
    [​IMG]
    I labeled the two bumpstops in the pic. Would replacing 1 be ok? It doesn't seem like 2 is the one thats limiting the travel and it looks like its alot bigger/more important so I probably don't want to replace that one right?

Products Discussed in

To Top