1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 Double Cab Speaker Upgrade? HELP !!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tink, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    tink

tink [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    Hey Guys, new to the forum. What did some of you guys do? have any suggestions? I just want the system to sound better. I already have a Alpine Deck. I'm 40, so I don't want any "license plate vibrating" SHIT. Just something that would make Pink Floyd sound awesome. What speaker should I use in front? Is there any front speaker adapters that would make 6x9 work?? I want something kinda simple. I'm confused. ********* make adapters?

Thanks for your help

tink

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    BG04

BG04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 2.7 SR5 4X4
    There is a audio/video section you might find what I did not. Im waiting on a email from a guy named mrmarv. I emailed him today about fitting 6x9s up fron still haven't heard back. I'll let you know what I find out. I want 6x9 up front too.

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
    I would buy something made to fit instead of trying to fit 6x9s in there. The stock speakers are 5x7 / 6x8. That is how the size is listed for aftermarket speakers. There are a few manufacturers that make those sizes. I went with some Infinity speakers 6822CF. Since the magnet is bigger than the stock speakers, you do have to do quite a bit of shaving of the stock speaker bracket/holder (picture with Infinity mounted on the stock bracket). Putting a set in the rear doors will help with bass also since the stock speakers are pretty wimpy.

[​IMG]

I'm 40 also, but Floyd had bass content worthy of a sub. If you are interested, here are two boxes that will fit in the tiny area behind the double cab back seat.

Fits up to one 10" shallow sub (with some shaving)
    http://caraudiofactory.com/2001-toy....html?osCsid=8112a6e2134986b9faa64f82b1701be4

Fits two 8" shallow subs
    http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=78&catId=69

Matt

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I just did kenwood excelon's in the front, they sound AMAZING! I'd get them again in a heartbeat. if you want a sub, just get an 8 inch, they are faster and don't hit as hard, so it will sound nice, and hit more often than my 12'' square, but won't hit as hard, but you say that's not what your looking for, so perfect!

Products Discussed in

To Top