1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sirius Radio for 2009/2010 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MY09TACO, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    I know the antena wire runs up behind the kicker panel but are there already wires running from the kicker to the radio? How can they connect the receiver to the radio without removing the radio otherwise?

2. Dec 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    BPachom

BPachom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.

How does the Sirius tuner from under the rear seat, connect to the factory radio in the dash?

3. Dec 23, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    There are wires for the antenna and tuner that run from the radio underneath the floor kickplates on the drivers side. All you do is hook the tuner into those.

4. Dec 23, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    I figured it was something like that. Cool!

5. Dec 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Do you have any pictures? Where exactly behind the kick plate does the receiver plug into?

6. Dec 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    Here are the installation instructions.

Attached Files:

7. Dec 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Those instructions say that it conflicts with Sirius radio. Does the factory components only work with XM or does the sharkfin adapter cable take care of that conflict?

8. Dec 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:

Maybe this will help.....

DSC00023.jpg

9. Dec 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I actually saw that picture somewhere before but that's the antenna connection (not the receiver connection). I really was wondering where exactly behind the kick plate is the jack to plug the SAT receiver into to connect to the factory radio. There is supposed to be a jack there all prewired to the radio in the dash so that you don't even have to remove the radio to hook up.

10. Dec 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:

Keith,

Sorry, my bad.
    Can't help you on that one.

11. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    The plug for the receiver is in the same general area as the plug for the antenna. Can't quite pinpoint it on that picture though.

12. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    hendross

hendross Member

Member:
    Why so cheap I was quoted $200/$100... this is not the place but another dealer...
    http://leestoyota.oemdealer.com/cat385_601.php?page=1&sort=2d

13. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    hendross

hendross Member

Member:
    It's in figure 5-5 of 1226508625.pdf (XM directions attached above) just above the antenna connection.

14. Dec 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    wolfdog3820

wolfdog3820 Member

Member:
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma '10 SR5
    none yet....
    Hey guys.....

Very confused here,. I have a 2010 dc that has the am/sat button on it. I just got the scci tuner and the isimple kit #isty11. Some of the posts on here say u have to remove the head unit, some say it can all be done by simply removing the kick panel.... can anyone clarify this for me? would GREATLY be appreciated!

Thanks!

15. Jan 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:

The three pieces of equipment (factory radio, satellite receiver, and interface) have to all be connected. To do this and using the factory satellite antenna, you must remove the radio and driver side kicker panel. Depending on where you install the tuner and interface within your truck, you made need to remove both driver and passenger kicker plates.

Here is my original post on this: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/28731-sirius-factory-radio-install-2009-tacoma.html

16. Sep 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm reviving this thread as I'm hoping to get Sirius hooked up to my oem head unit soon. Right now I'm using a plug and play radio mounted to the windshield so I can't use the steering controls. I'm still confused after reading this thread and bpach's thread. Are these both accomplishing the same thing but just with different hardware? I completely understand bpach's way because I used the same basic parts to hook up my wife's Honda, but it sounds like using the factory parts is both cheaper and easier?

Does using the factory parts let you use the steering wheel controls?

How big is the factory tuner? Can it be mounted up front or does it need to go under the seat?

Products Discussed in

To Top