1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been pulled over and gotten out of a ticket or even an arrest? Lets hear your story!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NorthXNorthwest, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    billyjoe

billyjoe Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
  2. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
    They wanna leave there finger print incase you do something and shoot them or something and you get away they can find out if it the same car and cops always have to pull behind you cause the camera
    (I think this is right herad it from a cop)

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Seems pretty crazy!

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    Speedwayblue

Speedwayblue Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    MA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    OME 3" from Toytec
    I still think he just wanted to touch it .......and i dont blame him :)

5. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    ive gotten out of 2 tickets actually...

1) speeding through a town going 56 in a 30. cop pulled me over and said why are you going so fast you in a hurry? i knew if i was honest and told the truth id get a ticket. so i lied and said my sister had been hit in the head by a baseball and id been speeding to get to the hospital. he somehow believed it and let me off with a warning

2) driving down a road with a cop behind me, speed limit 55. on the phone with the girlie went through a school zone at like 5pm. cop pulled me over and asked what my prob was i blew his doors off. he said look back, i did and the "15mph school zone" light was flashing. i said "uh its 5, no one is in school sir someone mustve forgot to turn the light off". he said "ill be right back" came back and said i was right go home.

6. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    This is somewhat of an entertaining thread...had to chuckle at a few of the posts.

7. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    I had a buddy that got away with a verbal warning one time. There's a sharp curve right below his house and he's bad not to wear his seatbelt. He left his house and rounded that sharp curve and there was a license check. He grabbed his seatbelt real quick, put it on, and pulled forward to the check. Officer walks to his window and immediately asks him "You always wear your seatbelt." "Yeah" my buddy replies. Then the officer asks "Well, do you always loop it through the steering wheel like that?" Officer just busts out laughing and sends him on his way with a verbal.

8. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.

Oh shit this made me ROFL

"As far as women go, they never really interested me much. And I'm not gay.”
    Mr Smith is now part of a global community of more than 500 “car lovers” brought together by internet forums." :eek:

Brought together by internet forums.... well Ill be dammed!

9. Dec 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    NorthXNorthwest

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    This

I busted up on this one also! :D

10. Dec 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    shook0002

shook0002 "The Fuzz"

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    '08 Doublecab 4X4 SR5
    I just slap one of these on all my cars and never have any problems.
    [​IMG]

And I guess I'm an opposite here I pull over about 10 cars a week and maybe give 1 ticket.

11. Dec 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    A while back, It was near Haloween, and I had a life size skeleton in the bed of my truck. I had it leaning against the tailgate, with a cigarette in its mouth, and a beer in its hand. I was speeding going up north to do some wheeling, when I was pulled over. The LEO asks if I knew why I was being pulled over, and I said "Yeah....I was speeding". I handed him my paperwork, and he takes it, and asks "Whats with the guy in the back....Does he have a name?" I say "Yeah...Thats 'Slim'. He talks too much, so I make him ride in the back". The LEO laughed, handed me my paperwork back and said "Have a good day", and he walked back to his car.

12. Dec 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Franklin,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD V6 4x4
    metra ipod
    I got chased for 10 miles doing 110 on a crotch rocket on I 40 going back to my ship. I got to speed trap outside Statesville NC, so i slowed down to the speed limit and the state trooper called a head and had another waiting on an on ramp. I had no clue why I was been pulled when I passed the one on the on ramp then the origianal pursurer caught up and cursed me up and down and told me I was going to jail which I replied that I'm going to my ship because it's pulling out in the morning for work up's this wentonb for it seemed like 5-10 minutes then the rookie officer left and the one that was chasing me said he was cutting me a break and gave me a tickit for 75 in 55 and he didn't want to see me ride the bike off from there becuase I had no endrosement or legal tag (just bought it) so he told me where he was going off the highway I pushed the bike off the highway to make sure he wasn';t waiting got back on and did the speed limit the entrie way back to base scrared shit less I was going to get another cop that would put me in jail.

13. Dec 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :woot:
    I wish my sob stories work...I always get the damn ticket! :frusty:

14. Dec 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Dont need a "Story" if your honest with the cop. Alot of people think the LEO's just WANT to ticket folks, but the truth is, if you are caught speeding, man up, and tell the truth. If your not being stupid, odds are, they will let ya go. If you get pissed, and cop an attitude (no pun intended), First, they will keep you there for a while, and second, odds are your getting a ticket.

15. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    true...

16. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

freaking hilarious!!!!

17. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    I was going 61 in a 45... I got pulled over. Gave him my ID and everything, he then said what school do you go to. I told Auburn High School. He then said, "Alright, I'm going to be a good cop and let you run off with a warning." I thanked him plenty of times..

Almost arrested story:

We were in Private property appearantly and We had about 15 trucks and 5 of those were helping to get 2 of my buddies out of some NASTY mud- in a ditch. As we were attempting to pull out the last guy, a cop came speeding out of nowhere and told us that he had taken note of our vehicles and that he was going to arrest us for trespassing. We told him the full story and he waited there until we had gotten the guy out..

Right as he was leaving, He said "Im sure glad I dont do that shit anymore. Good Luck"

18. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    Chachie

Chachie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD OR, 4x4, Auto, 6" Fabtech, 35's
    Locker mod, Anytime fog mod, always 400w mod.
    Before i got my rig, i had a 2007 A4 with a 6 speed and 2.0T, chipped to 270HP and 300ftlb. Needless to say, it got me in trouble a lot.

But by far my most memorable story is when i was having a bad day i decided to take a drive out to the coast. by the time i started to head back it was about 9 and very dark as the road i was on had no street lights. I saw a car way ahead of me so i thought i would have some fun and keep up with it. We arer hitting about 65 in the corners and about 105 on the straights. Mind you this is all 35-45 limit. As we pull up to the intersection at the end of the road i roll up and see HIGHWAY PATROL plastered across the trunk lid of the car. He is set to go left and i pull up to go right. He looks over at me and as soon as i go to turn and pull away he gets behind me and flips his lights on. He walks up to my window and was in a fairly good mood, very surprising for CHP, he asked me if i knew i was following a patrol car. lol. I told him that i was just out having some fun in a fast car. He laughed and said he was going to let me off because he was just out having fun too.

He didnt even run me out, just looked at my license. But then there was the time i was stopped for speeding by a local cop where i liv and he said he could hear me coming before he actually saw me. lol:D

19. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    gouge44

gouge44 $DO WORK$

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    FloRiDa
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner TRDsport DoubleCab
    Tinted windows, toytec ultimate 3inch lift- front c/o rear aal, 18" black rockstar rims, 275/70/18 toyo opencountry mt's, BLUE dome light, 6000k H4 HID bixenon, kenwood kvt-514 headunit,black badges, satoshi grill :] sold it and now have a wrangler....
    the firefighter plates help soooo much lol and also being in uniform... haha also knocking on wood

20. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:

Ha! This one is great. Everyone has to blow off a little steam now and then!

Products Discussed in

To Top