1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 2wd Mod Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jvislax32, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    jvislax32

jvislax32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    asheville nc
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access black pearl
    two tens in dash dvd player with ipod touch nav system and rader. hitch
    i have a 2007 access cab 2wd 4cyl and i have been wanting to make some changes and need some help. this is my first time to this site but i am very familiar with how things work. my first ? is this does anyone know of a great way to get a cheap 3'' lift off the base model tacoma????? for an 07. second my truck runs a 215 , 70 15 tire and i was wondering how a 235, 70 15 fits and if anyone else has tried some other tire options that worked out great be it new rims and tires or what ever. another little question any ideas for increased hp gains ? i noticed the intake looks like a huge pain in the ass to put on . has anyone messed with the exhaust on these ?? all ideas are welcome pictures as well... thanks

2. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:15 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    your axle runs over your rear springs. This makes it more difficult to install a lift. I would think that you could probably run the axle under the spring, but I've never seen anyone do that to a Tacoma. Janster will be in shortly to tell you that people used to do that to Jeeps all the time.

3. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw!!!

cant really help with the tires or lift for a base model tacoma, check around the different forums here and see if ya can find anything.

for hp gains............dont bother with an intake, they arent really worth it. remove the secondary air filter in the air box for some gains, and get and afe pro dry s air filter for it......you should see some decent gains there. and a straight thru flowing muffler may add some for ya too.

4. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Ready lift makes a kit for the 5 lugs I believe.

5. Jul 16, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    br217398

br217398 Crazy Person.....

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Crew Cab 4WD
    Hornblasters horns,Strobe lights,Police Undercover Vehicle, Volent Ram air system, pro comp POS AAL, biltein all around, step bars.
    ready lift, and skyjacker both make lift kits for the 05-09 2.7 5 lug like i have. i dont have the kit installed but it should be pretty easy. Secondly if you want you can waste your money like i did on the intake. Volent CAI with ram intake. I choped off my muffler all together and noticed power gains with a sugnificant drop in gas mileage, so i put on a magnaflow high performance exhaust. Sounds good, but not quite as deep as an 8 cyl. it is deeper than the 6 cyl. and for tires, i have nitto terra grapplers 255/55/18. had to put a slight bend in the drivers side front traction bar with my trusty 5lb. sledge hammer, since the tire was rubing a little.(redneck at heart) The passenger side was fine. i hope this helps, and i have some pics for ya.

exhaust.jpg
    tires with exhaust.jpg
    tacoma intake.jpg
    some truck extras.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top