1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I never want to work on break lines again!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bearskill, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well, I replaced the break line I stripped out a week ago. Was the hard line that runs from above the axle on the drivers side up to behind the drivers front tire. Holy Crap it was a pain in the ass!!! Those break lines are woven through so much stuff. It's not just a striaght shot to the back. It's up above one thing, down below another, then behind the gas tank. Was not a fun day. After it was ran, I started at the front and my buddy started at the rear to secure it to all it's clips and hook the lines up. After everything was done I noticed the lines were crossed. Behind the gas tank where it was hard to see. They are hooked up right, you know Right to right and left to left, but they just got twisted. Had to drive it to work like that. My buddy insists it's fine as long as I secure it so as not to chafe. But Im anal about my truck. I think this next weekend I will fix the little cross in the rear. Meh...... Oh, ya, The extended lines I got from Wheelersoff road don't fit into the little "Y" brackets. They look like they should, Just a tiny bit to big. Same shape though. I think I will just get a file and file the bracket till the line fitting fits. I would have taken pics, but, ummm, I didn't. Was not that exciting anyways.

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 3:30 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i feel your pain.

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Interested in what has to get filed down?? Worth just taking the old bracket off and fitting something new??

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    What happened that you needed to replace the hard lines?

5. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    bigburrito

bigburrito Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    brake lines

6. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I guess "broken lines" would technically be correct as well. :p

7. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    yeah just file down the bracket. I got the front lines from wheelers and they also were a little too big to fit. good luck on the crossed lines:D

8. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  9. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    Cool your :taco: is on the road again :thumbsup: There's that pile of mods waiting!

10. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Just swapped out my front and rear diffs and chose to put in stainless lines in the rear at the same time... THAT WAS THE BIGGEST Pain of the whole job! The 'line' workers on the 'line' over-torqued the shee ite out of those buggers to the point that the flared part of the fittings were practically locked into the male fittings. :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    Hey man, just dont strip em again!

Products Discussed in

To Top