1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Muscle Milk

Discussion in 'Health' started by AverageJoe, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    I use No Xplode by BSN it works great. Contains creatine ethyl ester, L-Arginine and AKG, all proven mass builders. Also check out the supplements called HMB and Glutamine.

2. Jan 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    Just makin sure your staying on top of taking your milk?

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    Could always do GOMAD (gallon of milk a day...whole milk). So far it's working for me and I've had a hell of a time putting on weight all my life. Each gallon has something around 2600 kcals, a good bit of protein and fats too.

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    That sounds insane! Any bad side effects of that? What if you turn into a cow?

5. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    HELL YEAH GOMAD!!! Someone knows what I'm talking about. OP have you looked into Starting Strength? Weighttraining book put out by Mark Rippetoe and another author. Coach Rip is the barbell coach for Crossfit and knows quite a bit about beginner-novice techniques. Lots of people have had great success with it that I know. The program is peticularly beneficial when paired with GOMAD

6. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    No bad side effects that any of my buddies reported. The only thing they said that was hard was making sure you get that gallon everyday since sometimes you just don't want to. Other than that, they said the gut they grew from all the milk rapidly went away and they all said they're stronger/put on solid muscle

7. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I drink a lot of milk aready. But idk if i can put it don like that. Plus that would be expensive.

8. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    erik_found

erik_found Legendary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    99 reg cab
    I just eat blocks and blocks of tofu. Works wonders.

9. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Milk is pefectly balaced out with protein/carbs/fats.

Not too bad with the price honestly. I usually grab a qt of milk for after my workouts and .99 on base or up to 2.47 off base (gas station) which usually happens. Just a buck more for a gallon usually. Try doing a gallon of water first to see how you would need to plan it out through your day to balance it.

10. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Maybe I will start at a half gallon a day.
    Im 6'1 and about 185. I would like to get to 200. Soooo hard though.

11. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    A gallon of milk a day??? Holy crap thats alot of dairy. Just be aware that drinking milk in excess..which a gallon is..can and will cause your estrogen levels to increase. As a male thats not what you want. We actually want the exact opposite. High levels of testosterone and as low levels as possible of estrogen. Usually as you increase your test levels your estrogen will increase as well. Think equal and opposite reaction. Thats why there are products out there that are mainly for blocking estrogen and allowing test to increase. Side effects of increased estrogen can include gynocomastia, acne, hair loss. Plus you wont get that "dry" hard look. Many of the same symptoms that too much test produces. Even low libido levels. The girl definitely wont like that. There are also alot of god and bad fats found in whole milk. So make sure your cardio is up there in order for your body to properly utilize those fats.

12. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    erik_found

erik_found Legendary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    99 reg cab
    Honest question. What kind of milk is the best protein/carbs/fats-wise? Skim, 1%, 2%, whole, half-and-half?

13. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Whole milk. Skim is liek water, 1-2% were beneficial to me for losing wieght while maintaining/gaining muscle and strength. Half and half is ok but for fats (energy); full fat cream is the best for a little shot in your coffee and tastes amazing

14. Jan 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I haven't read rippetoe...aside from what gets brought up on GOMAD discussions.

I can drink a lot of milk already, so the gallon hasn't been tough from getting it down...it's just remembering to go after it all day. The idea is to increase calorie intake...which it makes easy. The protein and high saturated fats help too, which is needed for increased hormone production...so the estrogen, if true, should be outweighed by the high testosterone.

It's not meant to be done permanently...only for a month or two and combined with heavy lifting and a strict regimen of exercise.

It's also only geared towards hard gainers too...I'll have the dry look no matter what honestly...I have a crazy low body fat naturally...not too worried about getting pudge.

15. Jan 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    I used muscle milk when I first got into started getting into lifting. It worked well. I would take it prior to and after working out. It started to get really expensive so opted next to try NoXplode. Wow, what an amazing product. It gave me so much more "pump". I started to get bad nose bleeds after 2 months of using the product daily. So I stopped that and got into Cytosport Fast Twitch. Great product not as intense as NoXplode. Overall I think muscle milk is a great product w/ great flavors.

16. Jan 18, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    FullDub

FullDub Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09-TRD Sport 4x4
    haha nose bleeds from noxplode that sounds about right. Stuff can't be good for you. I stopped taking Noxplode after a few months as well it was just so intense and i was overly addicted to it. Couldn't work out with out it. Got to the point though that i needed to stop because i would be buzzing :goingcrazy: all day from it. However, it is still worth trying the Noxplode.

17. Jan 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    You gotta tune your diet too. Let me know if you want me to PM you with a hardgainers diet. It's the Zone diet and it's worked wonders for me to lose wieght so I can imagine if they have a hardgainer diet then it has to work. Basically the same principle as GOMAD though, just increasing your caloric consumption. You just need it to be balanced out right and you'll be fine, hence the zone.

OH! And heavy squats and deadlifts :)

18. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Exactly. I would be in the gym and all of a sudden I feel it running out of my nose. That's why in bold letters on the packaging it says "NOT FDA APPROVED".

19. Jan 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    were you taking asprin daily or any other blood thinner? its very random that the noxplode would cause you to have a bloody nose. you said you were "addicted" to it? what do you mean by that? how much were you taking daily. your not really supposed to take it on non-workout days. ya i know the bottle says to, but ask anyone who is knowledgable about supplementation and they will tell you to only take it on workout days. maybe half scoop or less on non workout days. the bottle tells you to take more so the company can sell more. in these situations, more is not always better.
    on another note i hope people read, research and learn about products before they start to take them. then take them the right way. nothing is a magic potion to make you look like ronnie coleman, jay cutler, branch, arnold, anyone. these are dietary supplements that are designed to help support your natural..HEALTHY..diet, and training. i hear people complain cause they take all these supps, go to the gym train like a little girl and say their not getting bigger and they need to take something else. NO NO NO NO NO man up and train harder.
    And to end this milk thing once and for all. dont drink it. its going to lower your test levels. and in the words of the man himself(Arnold circa pumpin iron days) "I dont drink milk. Milks for babies." Its not gonna help your pack on dense muscle. it will help you pack on fat tho.

20. Jan 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar

Products Discussed in

To Top