1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Colt Anaconda 44 mag 6" stainless

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by chad68, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Anybody know any good places (dealers) in Nor Cal where I could sell my 44 mag?

It's a 6" vent rib barrel with factory rubber grips and factory sights (all stock). It's not the highly polished or matte finish version, it's the in between semi polished finish. I have fired about 200 rounds through it and bought it brand new in the mid 90's.

I paid $600 for it brand new and have noticed these things on average selling for $900-$1,200 (a few cases higher). It is in like new condition, with factory papers, factory case. Gun has no pits or scratches or anything. It's a classic gun but I'm lucky if I can hit the side of a mountain with it and the ammo is insaine, if you can even find it in stock anywhere, though I seldom shoot it much anyway. I have a lot more fun with 22's. Might replace it with a baby Glock (9mm), although I have plenty of guns already anyway.

Only thing is I'm afraid it will continue to go up in value and I will regreat getting rid of it. If i could get 800 bucks for it I'd probally be ok with that. A pawn shop would probablly only give me $600 but just for laughs think I will see what they say.

2. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Most gun stores will take it on consignment, you should be able to set the price. They will take a cut of what you get, can be as high as 10 to 20%. I have used Turners Outdoorsman to sell several firearms in the past, I think their cut was 20%.

3. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    PICS!!!!!!!!!! Please:eek:

4. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I'll see if I can figure out the dumb camera. It always takes me about 45 minutes to find the pictures once they get transfered to my computer.

5. Dec 31, 2009 at 3:47 AM
    ASH

ASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    SnugTop Rebel Shell, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, Rear TSB, BFG A/T KO 265/75/16, Tranny TSB, WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Debadged (Sides), Black Badges (Tailgate), Avid Off Road Sliders, TRD Shoulder Pads, Factory Color-Matched Grille w/Blacked-Out Emblem
    Do not sell it to a dealer or pawn shop as they will almost certainly lowball you. Go to Calguns.net and sell it in the classifieds section. There are a lot of members on that board in your area that would be willing to meet you at a local dealer.

It should go quickly at $800 in the condition that you described. However, your best bet is to post pictures since most people like visuals and usually don't like to commit to a used handgun purchase sight unseen. Good luck.

6. Dec 31, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    You didn't mention any good reasons to sell it imo. It doesn't eat anything, or have any monthly fees, so keep it! I've sold only one gun in my life and I regret it.

I look at it like I'm actually just holding my guns for the next generations in my family. I think I'm a little too sentimental.:eek:

uh, oh yeah one more thing, pics please.:D

7. Dec 31, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    I won't sell mine either. :eek:

8. Dec 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! Calguns.net is exactlly what I was looking for. looking through those Ana's they are selling I should be asking at least $1,100 for mine.

9. Dec 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    Fister

Fister Fisters stay rock hard

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Blacked out Toyota Emblem De-Baged BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains Flowmaster 50 series Tint
    DON'T sell it. If there is anything I have ever regreted it's selling off a few of my firearms. I miss them all to this day. But I agree with hoosiertaco, keep it and pass it down through the family, some of my favorite weapons are the ones that my grandpa held on too.

10. Jan 5, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    Iamsir2u

Iamsir2u KJ4WZI

Member:
    First Name:
    josh
    Waxhaw, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DCLB Sport 4x4
    Leer 100r cap, Stealth mount 30" lightbar, TSB 4-leaf pack.
    Don't sell it, I had one 10 years ago, needed money and sold it. Regret it everytime I open up my gun safe.
    I had that exact same gun.

11. Jan 10, 2010 at 3:02 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    I had an offer I was planing on going with but I changed my mind and decided not to part with the gun.

12. Jan 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    :thumbsup:good call Chad!!

13. Jan 13, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    I just couldn't do it. I never sold a gun before, just collect them. I don't know if I could ever sell one now. If I had to, I suppose.

I was doing my paperwork for my Sig P226 and saw they had some Houge rubber finger grooved grips for Anaconda's/Pythons. I've used the Hogues on another gun and got them for the Sig as well and like them a lot. I always wondered how the Hogue's would feel over the stock rubber grips on the Ana. The differance was night and day and love the Hogue's. The front of the barrel doesn't feel like it weights 20 lbs anymore. My guess is because the backstrap of the frame is now exposed, therefore shifting the weight a little, plus they are narrower. Also the finger grooves are deeper and more pronounced, so a death grip is needed so much.

It now feels very well balanced for such a heavy gun and that makes it feel a little lighter. The grips fit my hands better than a glove. Plus with those grips on (which eliminates the side grip screw) and the vent rib barrel somehow really work/look good together. It definatly does not look like yer GG grand dads 6 shooter.

14. Jan 22, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:

Man I don't know if I should thank you for referring me to that site or not LOL. I was looking to maybe sell my Anaconda. Not only did I keep it, but since reading that forum and drooling I have spent money. I wanted to get myself something or somethings nice for Christmas anyway since I got rid of my hot rod and freed up a lot of money but damn.

Sig 522LR $525+tax,fees and another $80 for a red dot scope.

Sig P226 .40 S&W all stainless, night sights and Hogue grips $1,100 plus tax, fees. Pretty sure I overpaid but I got two extra Sig mags thrown in free. Looking for a green laser that will work in daylight at handgun distances.

A Liberty Centurion safe was actually only about $750 inlcuding delivery up my stairs. Was a marked down floor/demo Model from Liberty dealer itself with not a thing wrong with it. They had a really nice one at sams club but it was too big and heavy for my place. Too bad it was bad ass for a low-medium security safe. I know none of the Centurion models are that secure but at least they are in a dedicated place that is safer than my closet.

Then $425 on ammo that took about 2 weeks to hunt for and many many MANY trips to walmarts and Big 5's. About 5,000 rounds of .22LR and 600 rounds of .40 S&W. I could have bought more of each but didn't want to be greedy and left some for the next guy.

I'm already trying to figure out what my last gun will be for the year. I want one more (another .22 pistol). That should get rid of any free space in the safe. Have 10 handguns, 3 rifles a 12 gauge and a ton of ammo in it already. If I wanted another rifle I'd have to sell my air rifle which I never shoot but don't think I could bring myself to sell that either. It's a $$$ German made Beeman.

Oh here are a couple crappy pics of the .44 I didn't sell. It is a lot more polished looking than the pic shows.

IMAG0026 (1).jpg
    IMAG0028 (1).jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top