1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I feel like I'm gona break it...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ghaleon109, May 17, 2007.

1. Jun 15, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Truck looks great!!! Having said that, thats a gorgeous area, where do you live? I'd love to have some areas like that to drive around in. I bet there's some great mountain bike trials up there too....

2. Jun 15, 2007 at 1:13 PM
    Ghaleon109

Ghaleon109 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks guys, Really loving the ride now feels so much better than before!

As for the 4x4... I couldnt really justify the extra $$ for one. I'm mostly just going to be commuting with this, but on the weekends I use it to shuttle my bike past all the boring trails so I can get to the fun stuff quicker :D That and there are a few shortcuts past traffic off road out here. But nothing I'd need a 4x4 for... Hell I used to go over mostly the same stuff in my civic with low profile tires. Mind you it was a LOT slower but I cant ever see myself needing the 4x4 (we never get rain so mud isnt a problem)

I live out here in Moreno Valley though, Its about an hour away from L.A. in So Cal. Used to hate the area untill I got a MTB, now its awesome :cool: Have a ton of trails out here.

Just some stuff from my ride this afternoon...

MTB-1_4b8d01314ab044979781bc33ddaecc09f7d72e87.jpg

MTB-2_0e67dd1f622e5edffe83049fac9581b7a13700a5.jpg

MTB-3_be496d13ea487d33c67f1d47cd00c9cd6c54b0f8.jpg

3. Jun 15, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:

I'm so jealous! I never want to live in California but those trails look amazing! Both for trucks and my bike! Dude, the truck looks great and you have some amazing terrain to have fun with. Just out of curiosity, what kind of bike do you ride? I have an 2006 Iron Horse Warrior Pro full suspension. I love it, the new Warriors' suck but the older ones are like tanks. I use to ride BMX but i recently got into mountains. i feel like i'm riding a rubber band after riding a MX bike.

4. Jun 15, 2007 at 11:45 PM
    Ghaleon109

Ghaleon109 [OP] Member

Member:
    Living in Cali does blow a LOT of the time but there are a few perks, and the terrain out here is one of them :D Really looking forward to going out on the weekends even more now.

Ahh! Iron Horse's are awesome! I actually have an 06 Haro Zero 8 right now, picked it up for a killer price at the LBS. I'm suprised how much the thing can take, but It's what I ride while I slowly build up my IH Sunday ;) I came from BMX as well, used to race like crazy when I was younger, then I started doing the dirt jumps/skate park thing, and now im at Downhill and Freeride lol, just love it. The bikes feel huge compaired to my BMX and jump ones though. I had a super old Honda 80cc someone gave to me growing up but MX never stuck with me... guess it just wasnt my thing :rolleyes:

5. Jun 16, 2007 at 4:11 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Ahh! Iron Horse's are awesome! I actually have an 06 Haro Zero 8 right now, picked it up for a killer price at the LBS. I'm suprised how much the thing can take, but It's what I ride while I slowly build up my IH Sunday ;) I came from BMX as well, used to race like crazy when I was younger, then I started doing the dirt jumps/skate park thing, and now im at Downhill and Freeride lol, just love it. The bikes feel huge compaired to my BMX and jump ones though. I had a super old Honda 80cc someone gave to me growing up but MX never stuck with me... guess it just wasnt my thing :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If you like Iron Horse you need to check out RScycle.com. The Randall Scott Bike company has great deals. My bike was $1000 and i got it for $700. They have some amzaing deals on downhill and freeride. $3500 bikes for $1500 and so on, you need to check weekly cause the deals constantly change. I agree the difficulty from going from BMX to mountain. It felt like when i went from my Beamer to my Tacoma. BMX bikes are so small and manueverable and easy to control

6. Jul 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    kim63t

kim63t New Member

Member:
    Great job!
    I got the same truck and will do the same looks great, a few questions if you don't mind

1. what did u do to the rear? anything?
    2. did u have to adjust the headlights after the lift
    3. did u have the tire pressure sensors?

:)

7. Jul 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM
    COL. Daniel A. Ness

COL. Daniel A. Ness Active Member

Member:
    I posted a before; while I had the chance. I up armored it. We will see about the after.
    I have a `74 Power Wagon. It is not shiny or comfortable. But it will ride the river.

Products Discussed in

To Top