1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma in Congress this week?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by upnthebid, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    bakersTRD

bakersTRD Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    no problems with mine. I agree w/some of the responses that people are going to use this as an excuse if they have an accident, which leads me to the question: Is there any way that these claims of sudden acceleration can be verifyed in some way, or is it just based on the owners word?
    I ask this, because I heard a story the other day about a person who bought a new Tundra. The dealership called him and asked him to bring it back until the pedal situation was resolved. They offered to give him a loaner vehicle until he could get his Tundra back. The owner was so upset that he drove the truck through the dealers showroom. Naturally, he said the pedal stuck. The police report stated that they could not determine if he was telling the truth or not.

2. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    According to many attorneys and some jury's. :( :mad: :rolleyes:

3. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    NMG

NMG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport
    I've had no problems, other than the headache I get from listenting to all of the freaks out there who are "scared for their lives" to drive their Toyota.

4. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    newfie8

newfie8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Tinted windows all around. Fog lights. Intermittent wiper switch. Skid plate. Extra D rings. Grillcraft. Color matched grill. Hella 500ff HID behind grillcraft. Rcbs204 Lighting. 5100's up front. 265/75/16 Duratracs.Firestone riderites. Bora Wheel spacers. Tinted tails. De badged. Blacked out rims.
  5. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    Agreed. There was several instances of this reported 2-3 years ago on TN and other forums. In addition to sudden accelerations, other members cited over acceleration when using the Resume function on the cruise control. The throttle didn't relax when the set speed was achieved - causing it to continue to accelerate until the cruise function was turned off.

In short, 2-3 years ago there were more complaints made about the Tacoma than all other Toyota models combined. Maybe a software upgrade on newer models? Who knows.

6. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    EBBS03

EBBS03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Philadelphia, PA / Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Off Road
    Stock
    No issues here

7. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    swise

swise TRIFECTA!!!

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab, TRD offroad
    alright, dont hate me but.... I saw a thread on here this fall about the truck lurching fast after you pull out of a parking spot and go back into drive. The truck rpm stays at idle for a sec. ( this is after it has found a gear and begins to roll, so not a tranny problem) as you begin to add more throttle because the truck is still rolling too slow, there is a delay and suddenly the rpm ramps up and the truck takes off too quick. This has happened to me twice now. It does seem to have a small fart in the design.

8. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    No problems with my truck, and I don't work at a car wash.:notsure:

9. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    Holling

Holling Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2021 DC TRD Sport
    What did the dealer say when you brought it in?

10. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    RickC

RickC Member

Member:
    Yes. I agree.

11. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    DSMissed

DSMissed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    I haven't been too worried about the whole thing. When I bought my 06 in Vegas, I had to drive it 900 miles to get home, and I had no issues, BUT 900 miles is not much in a Toyotas life.

I did get a little freaked out by what I saw today though.

On the way out to the lake to go ice fishing, and on the right hand side of the road I see a nice 2g Tacoma sitting beautifully on top a rocky hill/cliff. I'm thinking to myself, that would make a pretty picture =) Get a little closer and see the front end a bit messed up, its camper shell laying mysteriously in the ditch, and a guard rail completely broken in half. This truck was lucky to be right side up and in one piece. The owner had hit the guard rail, should have flipped it with how vertical the ditch was, went up the other side of the ditch and the truck launched in the air and landed up on that hill.

Now I'm not saying the owner couldn't have been wasted, fallen asleep, or texting. But it was 9 am, and the wreck happened half way down a curved hill.

I really don't know what to make of that.. but it makes me wonder.

12. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    newfie8

Member:
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Tinted windows all around. Fog lights. Intermittent wiper switch. Skid plate. Extra D rings. Grillcraft. Color matched grill. Hella 500ff HID behind grillcraft. Rcbs204 Lighting. 5100's up front. 265/75/16 Duratracs.Firestone riderites. Bora Wheel spacers. Tinted tails. De badged. Blacked out rims.
    On a more important note did you catch any fish?

13. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    x3

14. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    Geez, am I the only one not PMSing today? Wow... but I guess to answer the question, yeah.. one really nice rainbow trout.

15. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    newfie8

Member:
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Sorry you must of took that the wrong way i was just trying to be funny.lol I'll be going ice fishing myself in a few days just starting to get the itch:)

16. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    Oh, sorry, lol. Most people so far today have been being an asshole so I figured it was official asshole day or something, lol. Sorry!!

I had the itch... but it went away. Too cold out there for me to enjoy it for more than a few hours the entire winter. Plus it seems we caught the biggest fish out there in the first 10 minutes, and nothing the rest of the day.

17. Feb 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    sportnobadges

sportnobadges Well-Known Member

Member:
    the great midwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD SPORT SR5 4.0L V-6 TOW PKG DEBAGED
    de-badged / weather tech digital floor mats front and rear / weather tech in-channel vent visors / A.R.E. MX cap / bed mat / blacked out 4s
    no problems at 4507 miles

18. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    A chick who drives a Tacoma and goes ice fishing. Nope, nothing wrong there. :headbang:

19. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    jscrub

jscrub Active Member

Member:
    I remember reading about some ABS thread. Saying the ABS is sort of faulty on very slippery surfaces. Now might be the time to complain and get it fixed.

20. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    jscrub

jscrub Active Member

Member:
    also with all the sensitive electronics toyota needs to really isolate the Cigarette lighter and the plug in bed circuits.

Products Discussed in

To Top