1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i need opinions on truck color....2010

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lowzone, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    lowzone

lowzone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    Hey all,
    im looking at a 2010 Taco accesscab 4x2 SR5. the local dealership is hurting for a sale due to the recalls, so i plan on going last day of the month and reallllllllllllllly beat the snot out of them. anyway, they have a FEW super white, silverstreak, and Magnetic Grey 2wd in the middle of WINTER. now my plan is dropped 2/2 for now, RX8 rims (or equivalent style or maybe BBS style), recessed mesh grille with color matched grille. BHLM, foglights and POSSIBLY the Xrunner ground effects and a tonneau cover, maybe speedsturr if Gaylord got their act together....or LEER 800 or a soft tonneau that tilts....up in the air...anyway, im leaning towards Silver, but the wifes car is silver, i have a custom built Isuzu crewcab that im planning on painting silver (@ the shop now getting final body work done)...i love white but the last 2 GMCs i had were white and just in the dealerships more then i had it due to being CRAP trucks.....but i love white. I dont want to look like a work truck though....the magnetic grey is different, but how would the headlight and grille mods look in the Grey??? they'd stand out in the white and silver (ive seen the 2.7L Xrunner clone in silver and LOVE it...as well as the white painted Xrunner)....if anyone has pics of a dropped access cab in any of those colors, PLEASE post them. i have 2 weeks before i start shopping for the truck and im trying to get thru the winter with my current 4x4 until my other Spacecab is finished. Yeah i like trucks, go both ways...lifted and dropped. any help is greatly appreciated. i want a certain look, even if its done before. just want a clean DD
    thanks
    Ron

Reason i didnt get a XR is due to fuel economy and the 6 spd clutch/trans issues. Seen the 2.4/2.7L 5 spds go 200k without major repairs....i like that. I also have a custom V6 ISuzu pickup (2wd pickup w/ Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L) and i dont need a DD v6 :)

2. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Anything but SWB................it's ghey

:crapstorm:

3. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    dog tired

dog tired Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    Stay away from silver
    everyone picks silver
    it is vulgar common anymore

4. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    johnhcolemanco

johnhcolemanco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Winston
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    :) metallic...

IMG00041-20100202-0724.jpg

5. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:21 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Go with Super White!

:rofl:

6. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    [​IMG]

I make SWB look good:D

7. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Swb ftw!!!

8. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    One thing is for sure...all the colors look VERY different in person. I ended up with White. It looks ok in many of the pictures around here...but in person I thought the white/black look of it was sharper than any of the other setups on the lot.

Make sure to see them in person...all the pictures around here dont do the colors justice. Most look much better in person.

9. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    bigef12

bigef12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4x4 V6
    Removed that stupid "Sport Bumper Trim"
    I bought mine in 2008 so I got silver. Now I would have picked Magnetic Gray Metallic (if it were available then), but they all look pretty good to me.

10. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    FishErTaco

FishErTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vehicle:
    10 DoubleCab 4x4 SR5
    Extang Trifecta tonneau, black textured N-Fabs, AFE Pro Dry S, WeatherTech vent visors, WeatherTech floormats
    I got the Magnetic Gray Metallic...very happy with it. Looks good dirty and even better when clean!

11. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    lowzone

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    thanks everyone. i know the silver is played....i love shades...ie grey black white
    just the silver hides alot, so does the white. i like white but the truck looks pudgy in white, the magnetic grey makes it look sleek, the black, well thats RIGHT out....no black, if i was, id two tone it silver like the Xrunner on underground. i WANTED SWB but its NOT available on the 2wd SR5 accesscabs, only prerunners and sport 4wd IIRC. I have 2 trucks im building, the V6 Isuzu pup thats going Viper Blue, v6 5 spd LSD dana 44 rear etc...and my Spacecab 4x4 thats replacing my 4x4 standard cab. the Spacecab is going SWB cause i DO like that color....so blue wouldnt be a choice anyway. my crewcab project is either going grey or silver depending on what color Taco i get. i like the silver more then white on the Taco, but the grey isnt common...but i like the white with the BHLM and mesh style grille (even the EVO look)....maybe ill just get all 3 colors HAHAHHAHA, i wish....decisions decisions decisions. My brother owns a body shop so its not a problem getting parts painted. he does work for the local shopping center and they have a Taco standard cab,white, and he told me there are 8 color variants/formulas on the white. its a PIA to match. the silver and grey, only one formula, not 8...so im also thinking that too...i want the sport hood w/scoop. there would be some paint work involved so i want it to be easy to match. any pics anyone knows about would be helpful.
    thanks again
    Ron

12. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.

x5 !!!!

13. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    [​IMG]
    Yup......

14. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    SuperWhiteDC09

SuperWhiteDC09 Active Member

Member:
    Columbia SC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Double Cab SuperWhite SR5
    Extang Tonno III, Toyota Tow Package, Reese receiver lock, and hopefully lots more soon.
    Go with Super White man. Adding black accessories make it look really sharp. Plus regardless of what people think a white vehicle even if it is dirty it looks clean from a distance. I see about ten silver tacomas for every other color I see, so if you want to be a little unique stay away from silver.

15. Feb 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    dog tired

dog tired Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    I like that color

16. Feb 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    lowzone

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:

i know all about white, it hides everything. people think white shows dirt, it really doenst. 36 years old, family has been in the body shop business for 50 years now....i know all about colors and their quirks. i have to see what the 2wd stock SR5 looks like in grey. i saw a black one today, i like but it was filthy. seen white 4x4 sports and i like the color matched flares, grille and rear bumper...i HATE chrome on the body. oh well....more pics please everyone....and THANK YOU

17. Feb 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Pyrite mica.....the color to have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Feb 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Silver. It's popular cause it fucking rocks. Anything else is for colour blind tools oblivous to the truth.

19. Feb 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Magnetic Grey gets my vote!!!

20. Feb 24, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    lowzone

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:

well thats what i picked up today....shes got a new home. cleaning the garage and putting her to bed until this big snow passes....sold my 4x4 but have until the 6th before shes gone....lets all hope for warm weather in NJ after this week.....no more snow.
    :)

pics soon...i promise....

NOW, i need pics of a BHLM on a MGM truck....and the grill mod too...i forget the spelling.....Soshi....whatever it is....want to see if thats the way i want to go or not....i actually starting to like the chrome :)

Products Discussed in

To Top