1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to get in the loop

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 05offroad, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Feb 19, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Now your talkin' bro', I love the hand tossed pepperoni , Hmmm, free pizza ???? I will definintly get ahold of you for trail runs Mike ,lol !! My GF works at Viejas outlet center so I'm up in that area all the time, I'll be seeing ya soon Michael !!!

:deadhorse:

2. Feb 19, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    05offroad

05offroad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    '05 Long Travel Prerunner
    I've lost track
    alright ha sounds good. and i work almost everyday so if you see a blue tacoma parked in front just come in and ill see what i can do haha. and im more then ready to start hitting up some trails ive been dying to but no one to go with.

3. Feb 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Don't worry , I'll personally make sure you get some trail time under your belt, ask anyone who's wheeled with me & you'll find that I may be old but I waste no time getting down (or up) the trails ,lol !! :eek::eek::D:eek::eek:

P.S. I don't want a freebie if its going to get you into any B.S. at work but if its cool,then I'm down fer sure !!

4. Feb 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    looking forward to it thanks a lot. and it depends who im working with...either itll be free or i can give you a discount

5. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    that's what all the local guys say about you doug. Mike you are in for a treat.:p

6. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Whats up Bro, I just live up the freeway from you in a small little hole in the wall town called guatay, you probably drove right past it on the way to the sno but if you blinked then you missed it:D, We go to your pizza hut all the time, i will have to stop by and say whats up. Unlike my partner in crime Doug, i would be happy with just a discount!!! :cool:. Shit hit me up anytime you want to just get out and run some trails, im off on Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, so am open for Off-Roading any one of those days. That Viejas Grade aint nothing compared to what we will take you on bro!:headbang::rasta::burnrubber::mudding:

7. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Oh Yeah, and by the Way. You are so in the Loop now Bro:D

8. Feb 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    LOL, you're a fuckin' smartass as well as a dumb ass Baja !!!:D I like the way you highlighted my shit just enough to imply that... Uhh, nevermind, wait'll I get ahold of your ass at the Santee meet !!!!!! :D

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :eek::eek::eek:

P.S. What the hell is your name anyway ?
    P.S.S. Any member who knows his name PM me if he don't wanna say

fuck you.jpg
    no one cares what.jpg

9. Feb 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

name is Steve, most of the sd guys know me. see ya at the meet

10. Feb 19, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    There you go again starting trouble!!!! LOL. Im sorry to say but you left yourself open for that one:D:D:D:D:brianr::devil::devil::devil::crazy::rasta::duel::drunk::quickdraw:

11. Feb 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Oh ok, hi Steve that sounds better than BajaGoon & C_YA at the meet & beat Bro' lol ......:cheers::cheers:

12. Feb 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    meet and beat huh, see ya there Dougie :cheers:

13. Feb 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Now as for YOU Mathew, go back to what you do best ......:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::rain::jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::rain::rain::jerkoff::jerkoff:

P.S. I'm heading out to CC in an hour, catch me if you can Sonny I'll be waiting at the top of PJ PEAK !!!!!!

14. Feb 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    Haha ok but i dont wanna do anything too crazy...truck also is my daily driver and my transportation for work (im a delivery driver) so i would be screwed if something big happened to it. and i know guatay ha i ride my motorcycle past it all the time on my way to pine valley. But could definitely miss it if you didnt know it was there ha. and with the discounts and stuff kinda depends who im working with. but i can at least give you whatever specials are going on and whatever coupon prices are. im off saturdays most of the time but were short a person so work all the time now. i think theyre hiring someone soon though so should have more free time to go hit some trails :D

15. Feb 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Corral canyon was awesome today, AND I DID ABOUT 1/2- 2/3 of the SIDEWINDER but had to call it quits when I got to a point where to go on without a good spotter would have been suicide for my under carriage,plus I would feel better about it with the 2"-3" of lift I really need to get.

The TDS trail we all took a few weeks back is REALLY chewed up, there is twice as much water & mud as of today. I crossed a total of 6 creeks that are flowing right now & it didn't even seem to be the same trail.

NOW is the time for our PreRunner Banzai Brothers to put their trucks & their skill to the test lol :D:D. I was out there about 11:00-11:30 AM & got home about 8:30 PM tonite, I probably covered at least 40 of the 51 miles of trails they claim to have out there, I mean I wheeled ALL DAY into the night, the clouds & fog were starting to sit heavy on PJ PEAK as I was getting ready to head home, no one out there except the Border Patrol Agent I talked to for about 20 mins. I mentioned to him that we brought out 3 illegals the last time we were there & he said, " Oh, YOU were the club that was helping us out huh ? " Shot the shit then continued on, just a last minute urge to go out & play today so you know that a trail run is in the mix soon, thats how my day was....... How was yours guys ???

16. Feb 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
  17. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

AAHH yes but grasshopper the water has been flowing more (theres twice as much water seeping out of the banks & there is snow melt to consider from upper elev. not alot but it adds up)) & longer since the last run out there. The softer spots are more like sink holes now & when we went there was only one, maybe 2 spots where the PreRunners might have difficulty & yes, Matt,Derek & Manny did fantastic out there, BUT !! Now theres probably 4 or 5 spots & 3 of them you're GOING to have to really be on your game , I was out there 3 & 1/2 hours ago & I'm sayin' it is getting shittier because of watershed run off, the last hill going to the top of TDS was water & mud 2/3 the way up w/bad rutting & getting worse even with no rain I didn't say it was impossible its just you'll have to drive it alot differently then they did a few weeks ago, I also went a little ways on the BRONCO FLATS section , I think its trail 5 on the OHV map, yep trail 5 & Sidewinder & Bronco flats have a single black diamond trail rating
    (recommended for advanced operators) & I hit these trails until like I said earlier you need a spotter, theres too many bigger rocks that require some outside guidance along with off-setting ruts that I gotta say really had my stocker articulating in what looked like 4 directions at once,,the usual rear wheel about a foot off the ground, teetering lol good stuff !! !:D But go check it out for yourself , ya won't be dissapointed...:D:eek::D:eek:

18. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    sounds like fun ha. my day consisted of waking up after four hours of sleep(up late doing homework and procrastinating on TW:D) then going to math class. followed by econ, rws200, and communications. Sat there itchen to get some trail time. haha glad one of us got out there. its raining now though....might have to go get my truck a lil muddy lol:burnrubber:

19. Feb 20, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Hey Mike how ya doin' buddy ? I was thinking of ya when I cruised thru Alpine earlier today on my way out but I remembered you said your work schedule was pretty full ,but I didn't get ahold of anyone really. I just posted (it was kinda aimed at Matt cause he was busting my balls a little bit :D:D ) I was going out to CC & I'd be at the top of PJ PEAK waiting for him !! ...:eek::eek::eek: I'll be going out there after this rain , I'll let you know so you can get your feet wet so-to-speak, & if you get stuck (which I hope you do so you can start analyzing what you should or could of done differently & start sharpening your terrain reading skills ) & if you do get stuck , no biggie I'll just strap you out & we'll continue on, hey ya gotta crawl before you walk & you gotta walk before you can run Bro'. Thats my opinion anyway.......:D:D:D

20. Feb 20, 2010 at 1:25 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    thats a good way to look at it ha. gotta learn from my mistakes and im sure ill make some my first time out. This weekend is gonna be busy for me because of homework and then pizza hut though. How long is it supposed to rain for?? i dont have school tuesdays and thursdays if you wanna try and go out next week on one of those days i could go. Weeknights and weekends are always kind of up in the air. I realy appreciate you takin the time to help me get started and taking me out there with you guys. hopefully i dont slow everyone down to much ha.

Products Discussed in

To Top