1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm about to run out of gas....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by XwXRYANXwX, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    XwXRYANXwX

XwXRYANXwX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Sport w/ TRD Supercharger

Heres some stuff I found on the resident(s) on flickr

geognerd [​IMG] says:

So that means Buford has at least one bathroom per person. If you want to be picky about gender, the town has at least 0.5 bathrooms per person. I doubt few places can boast such a high bathroom-to-resident ratio.
    Posted 42 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    Jonathan Mysterious says:

I lived here for most of life . I am glad to see Buford on the map .
    The population is actually 1 now since i moved to Portland . My father is actually the only resident of Buford Wyoming . The Wind can blow up to 100 mph with 14 ft snow drifts. Beautiful Country . Needs more trees.
    Did you see those trees in Buford. Those Were planted around 6 years ago. He is planting new trees every year . The store burned down around 2004 and is now rebuilt . I miss the old stores country feel .

I hope the population stays under 50 in the coming years . That town was meant for travelers not residents .
    Posted 36 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    eszter [​IMG] says:

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, Jonathan. I had heard that only one person was living there now. So how often do you visit?
    Posted 36 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    happilycoupled says:

I happened across your photo of the Buford sign and then searched for a photo I had posted online a few years ago.

Weird! I posted mine one day after you posted yours.

people.tribe.net/ecrivaine32/photos/a4d9f6c6- 7b49-483f-97...

Kooky coincidence.

You're the first soul I've met - online or in person - who knew of Buford, Wyoming :)
    Posted 13 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    eszter [​IMG] says:

That's definitely weird, happilycoupled, because that's the same exact photo. The chances of the cloud being the exact same on two separate photos is extremely unlikely. So did you grab my photo from Flickr?
    Posted 13 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    mrfairyclown says:

HAHA! i actually was in Buford this summer on my trip from Minnesota to California. The sign did actually say Population 1. so i definitely stopped by at their gas station. It was neat!
    Posted 10 months ago. ( permalink )

[​IMG]
    bg120 says:

we broke down and stopped in there. he wouldnt let us stay inside. Forced us out to wait for help. ended up being outside for an hour in -1 degree weather while he watched form the window to be sure the tow truck didnt driveon his parking lot. I can see why he has to live in a town by himself. If it had been a woman with children they may have froze.
    Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    when driving, shouldn't once focus on the road and not focus on posting threads to a forum?

3. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    is their an app on android for this site? if not they should make one

4. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Coulda been pulled over when he was at the gas station that was closed.

5. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  6. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    XwXRYANXwX

Member:
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    no.

7. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
  8. Feb 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    yeah! ryan's okay. glad you survived your adventure through wyoming.

has anyone heard from luni, fireturk41, canadianboy, avsfan, or tacomaprerunner? i think they may be stranded and in danger of an imminent attack from horny, meth-addicted, jackalopes. who's up for a search party? volunteers? anyone?

9. Feb 22, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    BeardedWeirdo

BeardedWeirdo Junior Mint

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 PreRunner
    Barcelona Red Pop & Lock, Tint, New Shoes, Removed Rear Headrests, Grille(in the works)
    He probably didn't give the pump the final 2 squeeze finish to fully top it off.

10. Feb 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    awesome story, that's cutting it really freakin close! Get the "aroundme" ap, it's good at showing you the complete lack of gas stations in BFE, WY. Watch out for that stretch from Butte to Idaho Falls, only a couple pumps along the way, and some huge, horny jackalopes.

11. Feb 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Dammit we just found ryan, now we have to go searching for these ass hat douchecanoe's?!

12. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    BeardedWeirdo

BeardedWeirdo Junior Mint

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 PreRunner
    Barcelona Red Pop & Lock, Tint, New Shoes, Removed Rear Headrests, Grille(in the works)
    Funny, a buddy of mine from Denver also uses the term "douchecanoe". You 2 are the only ones I've heard use it. He's also an Avs fan. LOL

K, back on topic. Instead of search and rescue, we could just hunt them without them knowing. Like Surviving The Game.

13. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Nah fuck it. They are just attention whores now. Maybe if it was a girl :cool:

14. Feb 23, 2010 at 2:38 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    At least somebody cares. FWIW I don't do anything exciting on any kind of regular basis and when I am making a trip away from more developed areas, like going to Montana, I bring a gas can.

Ryan, glad you're not being butt fucked by meth-addicted wyoming hill zombies in a 14ft snow drift. I think you need to send that story over to scangauge. I'm half tempted to get one now knowing it could save my sphincter.

Hey, this is a pic of me.

[​IMG]

And I need a ride to work in 10 minutes. Make that shit happen.

15. Feb 23, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I started to get up to be on my way then I noticed your a tranny :eek:, sorry(i'm gonna call you bro) bro but I dont swing that way, no dicks for me :puke:

16. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    XwXRYANXwX

Member:
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    I'm going back out there...

17. Feb 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Rhino8541

Rhino8541 I like ze best!

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCSB OR
    Bring a gas can!

18. Feb 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    sleepdr

sleepdr Active Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR, Black Sand Pearl
    Man, isn't that the truth? I grew up in Idaho Falls driving a 1970 Buick Skylark, old Suburbans, and a Vette - you could see the gas gauge dip everytime that thirsty V8 throttled up. Got very good at managing my fuel state whenever venturing away from known gas station territory, especially when headed into WY or MT. If you were low on gas after about 5pm weekdays or at all on Sunday, too bad. :eek:

That reminds me, I need to add a gas can to my vehicle along with some recovery gear. One of our nurses got stranded overnight in No Cell Service, Oregon and luckily was discovered by the State Police. Stuck in snow, no cell service, 19 degrees.

That's just the angle I need to convince wifey to allow for a new Hi Lift and some other gear. Explained that one could bury the spare tire deep in snow for a deadman and try to pull oneself out. She explained that it's better just to not take unneccessary back roads in bad weather, but that's no fun.

Products Discussed in

To Top