1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My off roading adventure....pics

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by SurfInferno, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno [OP] Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    So as i was sitting at home pondering of what to do i decided to take a drive. (yes with gas at $3.00 a gallon not to bright) Well as i was taking a nice relaxing drive i looked to my right to see a big open field with tracks in between. So i turn around and begin my off road journey. Im having a grand Ol' time slashing through mud and going over some rough stuff. Well i try going around this lagoon and all the sudden i feel my truck start sliding. And well within seconds my passenger side is up to the door in mud and water, and my drivers side is still on dry land.

So im like well shit...this sucks. The thoughts going through my head were, well one my dads going to flip, two i really hope i dint jack the bottom of my truck up, and three how the hell am i getting out of here?!

Well just as i finish these thoughts i look behind to see a big 4x4 taco with a winch on the front of his truck pull up! "thank you Jesus!" He comes up to me and was like "dude its only because you have a toyota im going to pull you out" SCORE!

So he straps me up and pulls me out. and hes like "dude your driving a 2wd and there are 4wd people watching you thinking your crazy! Hell yea bro!"

So i drive away and get on the freeway and my truck starts shaking a lot? Im guessing it was from the mud seeing as how it stopped a few mins later.

well here is the trench i slid into (sorry i dint get any pics of while i was stuck)

[​IMG]

heres a pic of the other guys truck
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 7, 2010 at 1:14 AM
    Mondwa

Mondwa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 Tacoma
    remote start, Allpro bumper, Slimchubby HID, MetalMiller custom Emblem
    Very nice. Glad to see a fellow taco owner helping u out

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    well today i looked and my engine was leaking a butt load of oil....great. So i took it into toyota and they gave me a free box off sees candy, and told me my crankshaft seal is leaking and i have to leave it for a few days.....

4. Mar 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
    LMAO I did the same thing today on the way back from the grocery store with my Fiance, no pics. though. I had the locker engaged and I still got stuck, I just hit the mud going to slow, I was able to rock here out though. :) When I got home my Fiance made me pay for my indiscretion, by hosing the truck off in the pouring rain.

5. Mar 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    LMAOOO

I did the same thing!!

I was at home, and with a buddy of mine. Out of no where, he was like, LETS GO OFF ROADING!!! Being the stupid ass I am, I said okay. We went to a construction site and the first few minutes were awesome...until I got stuck :(

I tried getting it our for 20 minutes, but I made it worse. Eventually, I had to leave the taco so I could walk to my friends house and ask his dad to pull me out. His dad drives a Ford F350 4X4, and he is a big guy so i was kinda nervous. Anyways, he ended up pulling me out, but he was pissed off cause he had just come home from work..

Last time I'm gonna try to 4x4 with 2wd, lol

6. Mar 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    OP, $3.00 a gallon for gas! :eek: I filled up my gas yesterday on $2.63 a gallon. I am glad some one was there to get you out. The mud looks like fun. :mudding:

I was hoping to get out this weekend to wheel some, but I have three exams this week to study for. Maybe next week I will take the truck off road.

7. Mar 17, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    671taco

671taco thekeithchronicles

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    twenty-ten rc
    our unleaded just went up to 3.64, the highest of all time was 4.80 something or maybe even higher i forgot.
    20 bucks dont even go to half tank, stale

8. Mar 17, 2010 at 3:44 AM
    James3492

James3492 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    EAST COUNTY
    Black-out Tail lights Painted Rims & Hood Scoop

HAHAHA. HOW IS The white tacoma so clean? lol what the fuck? it has like mud defense enabled??

9. Mar 17, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    Hahaha honestly i was thinking the same thing....it seems to like to stay clean its lame.

10. Mar 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Glad to see Tacoma owners looking out for each other.

11. Mar 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Srry to hear about your Taco. Did ya tell the other Taco owner about TW?

12. Mar 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    Haha no i didnt...that was pretty much the last thing on my mind.

13. Mar 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    01GREENTACO

01GREENTACO Not all who wander are lost

Member:
    Germantown, TN
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD
    Lost track many, many mods ago.
    The reason it started shaking was because the passenger front wheel was caked with mud and it left it off balance. No biggie. Happens to us 4x4's all the time!

14. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    damn we only at $3.60...

15. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Yah, i guess Oahu is good for two things, Gas and Hoaz

16. Apr 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    haha i did something like that too...

me and my friend(who has a jeep) decided to go offroading with two of our friends(who happened to be girls, which was not a good idea) anyways we went along going fine when we come to a part of a trail drowned in like 1 foot and a half of water...the girls told my friend in the jeep "you wont go through it" what does he do...he goes in and gets stuck less than half way...luckily his house was close and my truck was right behind his, so we take my truck to get some ropes and we get to a ditch...i go throught fine until the other side, it was too steep so i stop and get stuck...im rocking the truck and changing between forward and reverse and eventually get out... not without damage thought. ive got a big dent from a tree right behing my passenger side headlight... not happy after that one haha

my friend with the jeep ended up getting out after an old suburban on like 35s pulls him out haha... the funny thing was that the guy got pissed cause he had never been in mud with his truck...dbag

17. Apr 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    i think we all have done something like that here is mine.

by buddy and i were out on the mesa (west part of town pretty much desert) shooting my gun, then it starts to rain so we decide to leave. on the way out im like wtf are we doing let drive for a bit. So thats what we did for like another 30min we were more than fine haha then we decide to tunr back.

on the way back i take a wrong turn and my buddy is like bro your going the wrong way were gonna get stuck im like dude were fine. drive a little more my friend says bro seriosuly i cant even make it past that hill on my drit biker were gonna get stuck once again im like bro seriously were not gonna get stuck. haha so we go throught a dry river bed and but this steep ass hill i barely make it up. once were at the top i realise the road ends im like wtf bro why didnt you tell me?!

haha so of course we get stuck in sand my bumper is on the ground. so were trying to get the truck out and we cant. so we decided to walk to the closest gas station to get his truck which was like 3 miles away. we end up gettin a ride to his house grab his truck (2wd ranger) and head back to my truck. well he gets through fine but cant make it up the hill i barely make it up took him 3 times haha.

so he finally gets up he pulls me out so then we have to back down the hill cuz if we turn around we will get stuck. so he starts to back down the hill fine then finally get down into the river bed and well loses control and ends up in the middle of the river bed haha. so my turn i back down and same thing happens because i couldnt avoide the tracks he made.

we got out and tired to get his truck out first and cuz he was stuck worse than me. so we couldnt get him out and decided to walk across the free way to 9-mile hill (a place where people 4x4 and dirt bike and stuff) across the free way. but before we leave we smell something burning and we oepn his hood and smoke is comething out were like WTF?!?! we look under and there is a damn bush on fire because his exhaust was so hot haha. so put put it out with some tea we had in his truck. finally walked over and gone some guys to pull us out.

but seriously that was the longest day it was a good 8 hour adventure haha so many memories out there. for a 2wd my friend was crazy impressed because his ranger well sucked :D haha

18. Apr 21, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    ^^^Here is another one of Taco505. Some people never learn.:)
    [​IMG]

19. Apr 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    ^^^ i swear to god greg haha, well im ment to have a 4x4 although if i had one id probe get that stuck too haha

20. Apr 21, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    You walked to 9 mile hill from the puerco!!:eek: thats insane.

Products Discussed in

To Top