1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf Springs

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by sbram500, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    sbram500

sbram500 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 dbl cab 4x4 trd off road
    3" lift, Rock sliders, Fog Light Anytime Mod, Vent guards, Full-Tilt Extang Bed Cover, More to come
    Alright...I realize there have probably been post about this already, but either i couldn't find them, or I am lazy.
    I have an 07 Double Cab Off Road Packaged Tacoma. I have a 3" Spacer Lift with blocks in the rear and I have already had the stock springs replaced under warranty due to negative arch.(yes they covered them under warranty with the blocks)
    Now I have the same problem as before. The springs are starting to show negative arch and if I put anything in the back (even an old 32" TV) when I hit a small bump the rear hits the bump stops! (totally annoying)
    I now have decided that I need a set of aftermarket springs (3"), can anyone please direct me to a company that offers a good set of springs that will alleiviate my problem and give me the 3" that I need, and still perform off road.
    Thanks in advance for any helpfull info!

2. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw. check them out........also, mention tw, and you'll get a discount, as they are a vendor here.

3. Mar 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    tonto340

tonto340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gambrills, MD
  4. May 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    sbram500

sbram500 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 dbl cab 4x4 trd off road
    3" lift, Rock sliders, Fog Light Anytime Mod, Vent guards, Full-Tilt Extang Bed Cover, More to come
    Got my springs on FINALLY! (OME 7 leafs with 2.75" lift) ARB lost the PO (supposedly) and had to wait like another 3 weeks. (Major BS, but oh well)

Installation was a breeze even by myself it took about 2-1/2 hrs. ( that includes having to cut off one of my u-bolts and going to the parts store for new one)

Rides great and I think I actually got about 3/4"-1" more lift in the rear over the blocks.

Highly recommend. Got them from Tarheel 4x4 for about 460ish including the new bushing kit.

Thanks for all the advise.

Products Discussed in

To Top