1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"bimmer" - Seriously? Just type bmw.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jspadaro, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Bimmer FTMFW

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 3:33 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    x2139064358976598576243756345614351785643058436534200000003.14.......douche now or forever hold your yeast

3. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    xpdishun

xpdishun Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    10 AC SR5 4x4 6MT V6
    I think part of my under 30 thing is seeing parents give their kids nice cars and people out of college getting jobs then immediately putting themselves in massive debt by buying a really expensive car. Back in my day (oh so long ago, 2001) I drove a beat up 1989 Corolla 5MT to school that didn't have a dash or carpet, much less a radio.

The other part of my under 30 thing is most definitely jealousy.

While I agree that your propensity to be an asshole drastically increases if you own a BMW, I don't think you can say everyone that has one is. I've got one good friend that did the whole go to Germany to pick up your BMW and he's one of the nicest people you'll meet, he's just car crazy.

Now VW drivers on the other hand, don't get me started. :p

4. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    Sparky4.0

Sparky4.0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    WestTexas
    Vehicle:
    01 trd beat to hell
    as long as you dont start a *HEEP* (jeep) thread i am cool.. rant on

5. Mar 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    x2

6. Mar 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    I know what you mean. His dad did buy him it. Also his dad got his older brother a mercedes. But, he possible could have bought it himself if he saved his money...

Also, I might have talked my friend into seeing if he could get a first gen tacoma

7. Mar 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    xpdishun

xpdishun Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    10 AC SR5 4x4 6MT V6
    That's intense! I didn't realize Tacomas could get that expensive but there is only about $2k of daylight between a decked out Tacoma and a 328i. I thought my truck was decked out at $25k but boy was I wrong.

You're right, I was just thinking most people under 30 don't have enough income to be able to responsibly afford the premium associated with a BMW. Maybe I'm just being judgmental, have no clue, or as I said above, jealous.

That's an easy one, check here...

Name calling and insinuating that I'm physically handicapped are both a little childish.

I rolled this one around in my head for a few minutes but I still couldn't figure it out. I'm assuming you're suggesting I should go talk to someone in the military because you think they'll some how scare me into a state of understanding about something, but I'm just not sure exactly what. My opinion on people under 30 owning BMW's? Something about wearing helmets? Did I say something about helmets? Do you somehow think I have some disdain for people in the military because of what I think about BMW's? That was a jump in logic I don't think I'll ever be able to understand.

I can only dream of having half the guts to do what our servicemen and servicewomen do, an ounce of the pride they must feel in the work they do for their country, or an faint idea of the sacrafices they make for people such as you and me. I also would NEVER misrepresent them into being enforcers of my opinion and telling other people that disagree with me someone in the service will "set you straight."

You succeeded in getting under my skin because I'm pretty upset about your response. I've wasted blood pressure and time in responding to you because your comments hurt. I'm sure you're going to respond and say something to the effect of, "No it's cool bro, I was just messing with you," "I totally didn't mean it like that," "You need thicker skin man," "You want some cheese with that whine?" or "Check out this guy, he takes things way too seriously." The reality is your comments were meant to sting and were said with unnecessary vindictiveness.

Thankfully, tcBob in his wisdom, gave us the ability to block other member's posts from our own personal feeds. :proposetoast:

8. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i call my gsxr a gixxer and i get laid but im still a shit head :(

9. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Why did you drag the service into this? I'm sure I can find a janitor, waitress, policeman, and carnival ride operator who also would "set you straight"... What does the service have anything to do with BMWs? Nobody was insulting anything related to the service at all. :confused:

Again, what on earth? Besides, I'm not telling anybody what to do with anything.

I'm saying that the word 'bimmer' is stupid, and the people who use it are douches. Besides which, I do have the right to tell anybody anything I wish - hello, freedom of speech, which our servicemen valiantly defend, and I appreciate.

I'm not advocating confiscating BMWs from douchebags, I'm saying I think a word is stupid.

Besides, the thing I don't understand about everyone that says things like
    is that I certainly have the right. Who says someone's choice of vehicle is sacrosanct, either? I have as much right to criticize it as they do to drive it. What I think you mean is that you disagree with my judgement - that's fine and all, but YOU have no more right to infringe on my right to hate on BMW drivers any more than I have the right to actually prevent anyone from buying a BMW. Liberty is a bitch, isn't it? Freedom is supposed to be independent of which side of a given issue you're on. :cool:

Which part of what he said was offensive? Seemed like a pretty well-put rebuttal to a nonsensical argument.

10. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    And people who say "bimmer" are still douchenozzles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top