1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New exhaust idea.. help guys

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by StormTrooper, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    I want to convert my single output from the right side... to a dual exhaust with one muffler split into 2 pipes and running on both sides of the truck pointing out ( not straight back ). anyone know how this will look and if the sound will be decreased since the muffler is split? right now i have flowmaster super 44 and it sounds amazing. and another thing, will i have space for it to run on the left side?

something like in this pic, but pointing straight out of the sides, just as if i duplicated the stock exhaust position on the other side.

dual_exhaust_5.jpg

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    I've got the Flowmaster system with the 50 series. Its bolt together but can be welded, and I think it looks and sounds awesome. I don't know if they make one to fit the standard cab but it might be cheaper to find a good muffler shop to fabricate it for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo

yeah theres a muffler shop near my house, im thinking bout getting an estimate

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Tacofanatic05'

Tacofanatic05' #1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Waynesville/Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    05' Tacoma 4x4 sr5, 3 Inch lift
    16'' American Racing wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer St tires, Bilstein 5100 w/eibach coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44, 1 in 2 out exhaust. Tractor Supply Tool Box, No Mud Flaps, Mossy Oak Seat Covers, Oakley Decals, Hoyt Decal, Window tint 20% on sides 5% on top front windshield, Uniden Cb, and Window Deflectors.
    I have a super 44, 1 in 2 out and i absolutely love it! Very deep roar especially with my CAI!
    With my big tips haha!
    [​IMG]

5. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:

well i must say... for a 4cyl, i love mine.. i HATE WIINGGG WINNGGG like little civics, with the super 44, i get a deep sound with a little bit of a high pitch. perfect for me

6. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    I think it would look better angled instead of a duplicated stock

7. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:

if anyone could photoshop it.. itd be amazing

Products Discussed in

To Top