1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Honda CR Z

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Khaos, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Finally, a nice looking, two door Hybrid. Can't wait to see these hit dealer lots, because I'm fucking curious.

Honda-CR_Z-TOP_d03d6c27dec3d548b9be03795967f47c173658d0.jpg

They should be here in August, from what I've read.

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    eskamo23

eskamo23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pasadena, CA
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    TRD cai with (AFE dry flow filter), de-flapped, tint, weathertech floor liners,coverking neoprene seat covers, rear TSB, Billy 5100's set at 1.75'', Pro Comp 7005's 17x8 BS4.5, any time fogs, tailgate theft mod, led lights in the int., slim cubby HID headlights and fogs, TRD skid plate, bed mat
    looks bad ass

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Yeah, and Honda WAAAAAAAY underestimated demand for them:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62N0LC20100324

That's the kind of problem you want to have though.

Honda is so fucking well run these days. They remind me of 1980s/1990s Toyota....Toyota today is starting to make a lot of the mistakes GM made in the early 90s....too many vehicles, competing with itself in many segments (why are there 5+ Toyota models in the compact segment and 5+ in the mid-size SUV segment?).

I love Toyota, they still make one of the best products on the market, but it's a good thing they're taking a look at their business strategy these days...it had fallen out of whack.

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    i think thats a pretty sweet looking car. especially for a hybrid like you said

5. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think that thing looks like crap. I didn't like the CR-X....Don't like that thing.

6. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Eco-nuts that are running away from scary Priuses will eat these things up...can you imagine all the suburban moms in California using this fiery new spitfuck for passive-agressive social-status plays at their kids' birthday parties and soccer practices?

"That? Oh, that's our new CR-Z. We got it because we just didn't want to risk our lives in a malfunctioning Prius. Oh, that reminds me, did you get your pedal fixed yet?"

Translate: The Joneses have a new car, bitch. And you're out of fashion. Bow to me.

Of course we don't like it - we're not bourgeois liberal eco-fad assholes....but a lot of the car market, especially the Japanese brand market, is. I don't care for its looks either, but it's a great business move.

7. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    its gangster

8. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Truth- They will make a boat load of money on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top