1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

x-jack

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by lennythetaco, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    lennythetaco

lennythetaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    any one ever here use the x jack. Im looking into getting it for sand/ mud. It looks like a great idea but have never herd of any ussing.

xjack225x150.jpg

2. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I've always thought it was a great idea. I know many emergency crews use similar items. Isn't it really expensive though?

3. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    I would need to look into the price? We haven't sold one yet. But I would imagine they would work great in sand, or anywhere a jack would just sink in. Let me know if you would like to order one.
    [​IMG]
    The jack is inflated via a hose that connects to the vehicle's tailpipe. As soon as the vehicle's engine is started, the jack will start to inflate.
    When developing this product, the design engineers recognized that conventional jacks were not suited to all types of terrain. In unstable areas of mud, sand and snow, the X-Jack offers a wider footprint to avoid sinking, and uses specially designed, triangular shaped feet to keep the unit firmly grounded. For ease and greater stability, the X-Jack is designed to be safely placed under the side of the body rather than positioned under an axle like a traditional jack.
    With a triple layer top and hard core insert for added protection and stability, this jack incorporates a unique two way inflation system. This means that either the exhaust or a portable air compressor can be used, providing added control in determining the rate and extent of lift. Collapsing flat for convenient storage, the X-Jack is ideal for all off road trips.

4. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Mountainman

Mountainman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 6 Lug
    Icons, Okoles, TRD, URD, Deavers, Magnaflow and some other stuff.
    I bought one for my dad last year for father's day. He doesn't like hi-lifts, so i got the x jack. Works really great for his lifted jeep. IIRC it was like $230 at 4wheel parts in riverside. It inflates using your exhaust or a compressor.

5. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    lennythetaco

lennythetaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    i think they run for 215$ and if you dont have a compresor i think you need to buy one also.

6. Apr 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    We use the huge rubber airbags to lift vehicles up at work. ie someone pinned underneath a car or truck.

7. Apr 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    That's an awfully expensive bag.

8. Apr 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I looked into these a while back and alot of Aussies had good things to say about them, haven't seen any in use personally. Good idea tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top