1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting Susp TSB Tomorrow...advice please...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jmed99, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    jmed99

jmed99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I'm in the waiting room of the dealership now. They are performing the suspension TSB. I also asked them this morning if they would perform the transmission TSB and it looks as if they are going to do that too.

I asked for a print out of the alignment when it's finished and the service guy said I would get one....so that's cool. So far they are being real nice and doing everything I ask. They are being pretty cool about everything so far.

Before I leave, I'll check the part numbers on the receipt to make sure they match the numbers on the TSB I have printed out. I'll also look for the white sticker on the springs themselves like mentioned above. I'll make sure everything looks bolted an intact and make sure it drives normal and straight. I'll get my VIN # and check the alignment printout against the TSB printout according to my VIN.

And last but not least, I'll make sure the shackle bolts are not rubbing the spring hanger!

Thanks to you guys this will get done right before I leave the dealership today! Thanks for all your help!

+1 to you all!

:)

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    DocD

DocD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn./SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab
    Good information!! I am getting mine done in a couple of weeks so it was helpful to me also!! jmed99, could you post as to how long it takes, Thanks Doc

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    Shack

Shack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Chester, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Bilstein 5100-Front (1.75"), Pop N' Lock Tailgate, Rear Leaf TSB MR. Marv custom box and amp rack, JL 13TW-5, Memphis Audio Amps and Door Speaker, JVC DVD DD HU, Wet Okole, Weathertech Mats, Bed Mat
    Good topic. mine is at the dealership right now getting the rear suspension tsb. I generally know what to look for, but it took me a while to piece together the info on different sites. Now Tacomaworld.com has the answer in one convenient place!

4. Apr 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    jmed99

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I took the truck in this morning at 8:30AM and drove away at 1:15PM.

They performed both the suspension and the transmission TSB. They correctly replaced the springs with the correct equipment. They aligned it correctly (according their sheet) and also replaced the bump stops (not sure if they had to) and the u-bolts. They also washed the truck. I'm very happy with the service today.

I didn't think it was a big deal since they are not rubbing the spring hanger but the lower spindle bolts are turned opposite of the top spindle bolts. I know the top bolts are in the correct position but the bottom bolts may not be correct. Either way they don't rub anything so I guess it doesn't matter.

Can someone confirm the bottom bolts as being in the correct or incorrect position? Please see the pics.

Thanks everyone!

1st.jpg
    2nd.jpg

5. Apr 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    DocD

DocD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn./SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab
    jmed99, Thanks, I'm glad things turned out well, did this up-grade include shocks? Thanks again, Doc

6. Apr 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    GT150

GT150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Blairsville Ga
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner V-6
    I get my springs done soon, so tell us how you like the new ride?.........

mike

7. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    jmed99

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    bump....is the bottom bolt installed correctly?

Products Discussed in

To Top