1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who is from Northern NV?

Discussion in 'South West' started by yotanator, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    rogerkamp8817

rogerkamp8817 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota TRD Off-Road 4x4, AC, Superwhite
    did you guys end up going? i stayed in to study unfortunately.

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Negative. House day for me.

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    You guys want to plan a day to go wheeling? I was trying to find out if anyone from the reno4x4.com forum was going out anytime soon.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I'm down. Sundays work best for me but with some notice I can sometimes pull a Saturday too.

Should be getting new shoes on this week, like to test them out asap.

5. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    I have weekends off so weekends are good for me.

Sweet what you getting?

6. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Cooper Discoverer STT, 265/75-16
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the Jeep photo, stole it off net.

7. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    ohh good stuff how much?

8. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    $1170 mounted, balanced, aligned, roadside, etc at Sears. Yeah I know, Sears, but they have a 6 month 0% deal going on I wanted to take advantage of it.

9. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Yeah I was just looking online at prices. Cheapest I found was 204 a tire so if they price match that will save you a little money.
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....s=Ordern&typ=R-129178&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

I got my285/70/r17 km2's at discounttire had them price match and they also had a 1 year 0% $1200 out the door mount balance roadside warranty all that. They were good to me so a few months later went back to get my wheels did the same thing 6 month 0%

10. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:07 AM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    That's a good deal. I've been loyal to BFG km1 and AT's for like 14 years and almost got the km2s but I just like the classic mudder look and people report higher mileage on the Coops so I thought I'd try 'em.

Thanks for the price match idea, never thought to ask, I just go so fed up with tire shopping I stopped at Sears and told them to order them up. I've never done any automotive business with sears before so I hope it goes smoothly. I've read some horror stories about them but people are usually only inspired to write about a business when they have a horrible experience.

11. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Yeah everyplace has horror stories. Get them to price match and its tires so hopefully they wont mess it up. Good luck and lets see some pics after you get them. Then we will go test them out!:thumbsup:

12. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Pics: absolutely. Test: Absolutely.

13. Apr 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Here you go, fresh meat.
    [​IMG]

By the way, Sears rounded off 2 of my lugnuts...

14. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Already dirty I like it! They look good. How is the road noise with them?

Did you make them replace them for you? I always have to double check everything when I get mine worked on. I'll go back to get my chrome valve covers.

15. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Oh yeah, I made them replace them immediately (once I noticed). What if I was way out in Highrock or something and got a flat? I'd have to walk out even with a perfectly good spare.

I gave it a once over when I got the truck back, looked ok. 24 hrs later I go to put on some new UCA's and what do you know, 2 rounded on the driver front.

They made it good, no hassle what so ever. Pissed me off tho; how do you work at a tire/wheel shop and not know how to properly install a lug nut?

16. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Yeah that's crazy glad they fixed it with no hassle. Congrats on new uca's! Did you get new bolts or you just bending the inner fender a little?

17. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    I used new bolts. Toyota had their way with me on those: $15 each! I bitched and moaned but they wouldn't budge and I need them right then. I also had my wheels off before I remembered the sawzall is at the shop, whoops, but I got a good work out with the hacksaw.:D

18. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    rogerkamp8817

rogerkamp8817 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota TRD Off-Road 4x4, AC, Superwhite
    Looking good! I'm going to be busy super busy with studying for a engineering exam until after the 16th of this month but after that I'm down to go out exploring as much as possible.

19. Apr 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED

Sounds to me like a great excuse to get out and away from studying for a little while. Some fresh mountain air! :D

20. Apr 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Any one interested in going out tomorrow?

Products Discussed in

To Top