1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Concealed in the Summer

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by fsbrain03, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Here in WA you just go pay your money and get printed. No testing, classes or anything like that. Oh and wait a couple of weeks. :)

2. Apr 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    doug355r

doug355r Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    2.5" Lift with King shocks and TC UC, 4.88 gears, ARB compressor, ARB lockers, S POD, cheap lights
    Soon in AZ you won't need a permit to carry concealed. Bill just passed the house and senate of AZ and is on the way to the Governor.

3. Apr 10, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    fsbrain03

fsbrain03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas is a boring 10 hour class, with shooting. Then it took about 4 months to get ther permit back from the State.

4. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    There won't be any CWP required here in AZ shortly.:cool:

5. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    ^^^^First off there is NNNOOOOO offense intended, but when you're gonna quote someone and use quotations along with their name...probably should use the exact words :) or just don't use the name. Even though what you say IS true.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. [Ronald Reagan, U.S. President; 1985]

On topic now... i have a 38 special for summer but damn i love that Glock Clip on the 1st page. i am gettin me one of those!!!

6. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I carry a Kahr PM9 in a Comp-Tac IWB holster in the summer. In my experience, width is much more important than length or height for carry comfort. I recently switched to a Galco single mag carrier.

I can conceal this gun under a t-shirt with no problems and I'm a small dude; 5'6"/130.
    l_b463fbad9b394452830d5c3029f6a79d_5d13fc8fb1e9c89213972f0a1613e5ecf771b5f4.png

7. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    You live in NY. Good luck on getting a carry permit. Here in NM you have to take a one time $150ish class and pay big brother $150ish every couple of years for absolutely nothing in return.

I didn't know TW now requires all posts to be in APA format.

8. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    You're the meat in a NY/MD shit sandwich - you'll never get a CHP unless you move. :(

To my knowledge, PA is the only state north of VA that doesn't suck completely about this sort of thing.

9. Apr 10, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    fsbrain03

fsbrain03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here's what I was told during my CHL class. If "the change" won that state during the elections, don't carry there, and it is tough to get a license.

10. Apr 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Hahahahaha, funny. i knew there would be at least one who would be upset:) A reply was really not necessary especially by someone it was not directed at. No worries though, Its a TRUE statement but the man that was referenced didn't say it. Its just the proper thing to do when saying that you are quoting someone..... to ACTUALLY quote them:) Its deceiving and unfair to the individual quoted. You don't need a rule written in stone for some things to be common sense.

the statement without adding the name...is true and i would agree with it any day. However, with the name....then it is false because you are saying that person said it. but i guess im crazy for thinking that.

Anyways.... so i heard a guy on the radio the other day that is a huge 2nd amendment proponent and he has a website(kicking myself for not remembering it) but it has all the states in rank order for who is the friendliest Concealed Weapons state among a plethora of other information( it was on 640am here in socal).

Guess who is at the top of the list?...AZ is soon to be tied for 1st with them.....

11. Apr 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I don't disagree with you. I was just being my usual smart ass self.:) Rules, common sense, and I all agree that if you are going to quote some one, do it accurately and cite the author's name. If you choose to paraphrase a quote, don't list the author's name because it has now become your own work.

12. Apr 10, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    No worries..and Vermont is the most lenient state on gun control according to that guy. i know there is a couple more out there but you don't need anything to be able to conceal carry. which is how it should be!

criminals are going to conceal carry whether you make a law about it or not...thats why they are CRIMINALS :) I'm willing to deal with the accidental deaths compared to the amount of crime that will be deterred if Americans are all concealed carriers.

you wouldn't be so apt to road rage on someone, harm someone, or rob someone out there if you knew everyone was packing!

13. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    None taken. Fixed.

14. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
  15. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
    Ya I am pissed... I just payed to go through the class and get my CCW. I think people should have to take a class IMHO.

16. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I got my permit when I lived in Utah. I also have permits in about 6 other states that dont recognize the Utah permit, including Nevada, California, and Oregon. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

17. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    :woot:

18. Apr 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    LOL thanks. Not really interested. Look at Plaxico and his dumb ass. I'm sure there are very responsible carriers but not still not interested.

19. Apr 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    kiddwvman

kiddwvman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    leon
    WV
    Vehicle:
    06 4 banger
    weathertec floor liner,tinted windows,bilstein 5100 front .85,5100'S rear,window vents,K@N air filter
    i carry a kel-tec p3at, can't tell not even with gym shorts

20. Apr 11, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    Gauntlet

Gauntlet Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oswego, N.Y.
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    I have to disagree, it is not difficult to get a CWP in New York State, it is only NYC that is a bitch. My son got his "full carry" last week and it only took a month. I got mine back in 1984 and it only took 2 weeks back then. I don't need a CWP right now due to my job, but when I retire later this year I will have to dig it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top