1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen ipod cable

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Doc, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    Doc

Doc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Orange County
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    I have a 2004 prerunner ext cab and i was wondering were I should put the ipod cable that comes outta the back of my head unit. i was thinking glove box but I wanna know what you guys have done that works for you pictures would be great

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    h_curtis

h_curtis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Been searching for information on a 1st gen hookup of Ipod, but it is very difficult because 99% of posts are about 2nd gen. The 1st gens are so rare I guess. I know if you have control of the ipod at the radio, then put it in the glovebox out of sight. No sense in having it in view.

3. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    I run mine through radio also and leave it in the glovebox as well, easy remedy to keep it out of sight and mind. If you do not have the ability to use the controls on the radio then you have to get a little more creative.

4. Apr 15, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    wooddogg922

wooddogg922 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB TRD Sport PreRunner
    I have an Alpine head unit, and I ran my iPod high speed cable to the glovebox. it's easily accessible, totally out of sight when the truck is parked, and works great for me since I can control the iPod through my head unit.

5. Apr 15, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    I have a Kenwood head unit, and it does not allow me to control the ipod from the unit. So I ran the Aux cable through one of my vents... I will post pics later...

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    I have the small cubby under my headunit and prior to installing a drilled a smal hole to run the cable through, and i sit my ipod in the cubby and you can't see it because I have it in a black silicone case which also prevents it from rattleing.

7. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Here's my setup. I just take it off when I leave the truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top