1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jack and 4 way or lug wrench stock location?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ZachUA, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    ZachUA

ZachUA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first tacoma...

Just picked up a 97 Tacoma and I kept hearing a rattling sound. I traced it to a 4-way lug wrench behind the seat (single cab) half-as* wedged/stuck to the cabin wall. There is no jack that I can find. I'm trying to figure out if this 4-way is oem (doubt it) or something the previous owner just stuck in there. I can't figure out how it's supposed to mount. The dang thing is too big to fit under the seat so it's gotta go behind. Also, where does the oem jack mount? I see a couple of places on the rear cabin wall that look to be mounts for such things.

thanks,
    Zach

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    I have a 97 too and I will post pics later to help ya. The jack mounts behind the passenger on the wall underneath the lug wrench.

Anyways, mine doesn't have the four way lug wrench.

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Ok, sounds like you located jack location, now have you figured out how the spare tire lowers & raises yet ? (pretty slick idea Toyota engineers)...:cool:..

4. Apr 15, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    dustinuhls

dustinuhls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd
    Icon Coilovers, Magnaflow, K&N Intake
    The jack is mounted behind the seat, and you should have a bag of tools (lug wrench, pry bar, and spare tire lowering kit) in a leather bag. The spare tire lowering kit should have a handle and a couple of extensions (one with a hook on the end) you have to put together to be able to drop the spare tire down.

5. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    ZachUA

ZachUA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't have any of that stuff (bag with tools, jack, etc) back there. :( I guess the previous owner has it.

What's the slick way yota engineers made the spare lower? Luckily I do have a spare, but right now, no way to lower it. :eek: Good thing this isn't my daily driver right now!

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    The "slick way" I refer to is the small opening in the middle of your truck just below the tail gate & right above the rear bumper where you stick the assembled pieces with the hook on the end. It goes into a small worm gear type of device that raises & lowers your spare into position by way of a cable on a spool, turn the handle clock wise & it goes up, counter-clock wise it goes down (obliviously) Ok, it aint rocket science but I've never had a vehicle that you did this to in order to get/replace a spare tire......:D:cool:

7. Apr 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
  8. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    TacomaJack09