1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VIP alarm already installed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by astral, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    astral

astral [OP] On my second taco now....

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    When I bought my truck the stealership wanted like $1500 (or maybe they dropped it to $400) for their alarm system to be installed. I said F that. I later noticed there is an alarm already installed though, and it even has a shock sensor. I dropped my tailgate to the down position by accident when it was armed and the alarm went off. I remember seeing the alarm they were selling came with a two way remote and a remote start. Can I buy a remote somewhere and add it to my truck? Can I activate the remote start feature with it, or is there a separate module they would have added? I'll try to draw the remote since I can't find an image of it.

keyfob.jpg
    sorry for my sub par paint skills, I don't remember what the buttons said so I left them blank.

2. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    astral

astral [OP] On my second taco now....

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    I cam across this image and the remotes look very familiar. I wonder if they were selling a rebranded Viper system.

viperpic.jpg

3. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    It could be any kind of alarm, if that is what the transmitters look like then its probably a DEI product. Could be python, hornet, avital, sidewinder... DEI makes all of them. If you can get the model of the alarm off the brain of the unit or the FCC ID# off the transmitter I can get you new transmitters if you need them. Let me know if you need help.

Products Discussed in

To Top