1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new shocks with 3" lift question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jusmac, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Apr 29, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    jusmac

jusmac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    does anyone have a 3" rev tek lift, and swapped out shocks? If so, did it give a smoother ride or is it not worth it?

2. Apr 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    BIG EYE

BIG EYE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sold
  3. Apr 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    jusmac

jusmac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ya mine insnt bad either, i think i just got the bug to do something else to it.

4. Apr 29, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    I have the 3" Revtek as well, and kept the Bilsteins that came stock in it. Rides like stock. The AAL in the rear stiffened up the ride more than anything, but I wanted it for towing and loading up the bed with gear

5. Apr 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    netclear

netclear Member

Member:
    Edmonds, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma DC 4WD
    3" RevTek Lift / 5100's
    I just installed the exact same setup you are requesting with the Billys set at the factory setting 0 and the 3" spacers up front with the AAL rear and attached is what the truck looks like. It rides fine, slightly stiffer than stock, but I attribute much of that to the tired stock shocks being replaced by brand new 5100 series units. I have had a couple of people respond to me saying that I should get rid of the spacers and set the Billy's to 2.5 up front and that it would ride better. In addition to that, It would actually drop the nose .5" which would reduce the slight rear sag that the truck currently exhibits. I want to have a very slight front rake and so rather than pull apart the front end again, reposition the billys and possibly have to perform a realignment, I found another member on TW that has .5" blocks that I can use in the rear as a first step. I also plan on putting some air helper bags in as even with the AAL towing my 12' Haulmark enclosed trailer the truck squats pretty good. I would like to be able to level the truck when towing.

P1030871.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top